Gospel Roots - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 330
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemp. Gospel
- Mono / Stereo
- Aaron Neville; Gary Lux; Ivan Neville; Mark Mazzetti; Marty Grebb; Steve Lindsey; Barry Beckett
- Gospel Roots
Personnel: Aaron Neville (vocals); Anamaria Brandon, Stacy Chamblin, Greta Hardey, Jennifer Kuylen, Margann Turnipseed, Michelle Zeller (vocals); James Harrah, Greg Liesz (guitar); Burt Callahan, Judith Armistead, Burton Callahan, John Chung Law, Oskar Ozolinch (violin); Lauren Lemmier, Richard Woehrie (viola); Jonathan Gerhardt (cello); David Woodford (saxophone, trumpet); Jim Horn (saxophone); Sam Levine , Charles Neville (tenor saxophone); Steve Patrick (trumpet, flugelhorn); Lee Thornberg, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band (horns); Jim Cox (Wurlitzer piano, organ, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ, keyboards); Freddie "Ready Freddie" Washington , Michael Rhodes (bass guitar); James Gadsen, James Gadson, Steve Ferrone, Brian McCloud (drums); Bridgette Fiddmont, Jacquelyn Gouche Farris, Alex Brown, Phil Perry, Mortonette Jenkins, Bridget Fiddmont, Bridgette Bryant (background vocals); Dean Parks (guitar, electric guitar); Blue Miller (acoustic guitar); Shane Theriot (electric guitar); Sid Page (violin); John Jarvis (piano, keyboards); Greg Phillinganes, Michael Goods (keyboards); Eddie Bayers (drums); Mark Beckett (percussion); Darryl Phinnessee, Jim Gilstrap, Maxi Anderson, Alvin Chea, Monalisa Young (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Aaron Neville.
Ensembles: The Dirty Dozen Brass Band; Sandtown Children's Choir.
Arrangers: Aaron Neville; Edwin Hawkins; Wardell Quezergue.
A husky man with the voice of a fluttering bird, Aaron Neville is one of America's most acclaimed male pop singers. Not surprisingly, he is also a tremendously gifted and dedicated gospel singer, and GOSPEL ROOTS presents Neville performing many well-known devotional songs, in addition to pop tunes that lend themselves well to spiritual interpretations.
A two-disc set, this uplifting outing celebrates life and God more than it proselytizes. In fact, GOSPEL ROOTS is a gentle, relaxing record that avoids over-the-top piousness. From the opening track, "Oh Happy Day," to the Bob Dylan classic "I Shall Be Released" to the archetypal "Amazing Grace," Neville hypnotizes listeners with his delicate vocals, employing a gorgeous falsetto on all 25 tracks. Whether interpreting the classical "Ave Maria" or the Beatles ballad "Let It Be," Neville invokes the true beauty and splendor of each selection. A serene, mellow release, GOSPEL ROOTS crosses stylistic boundaries with its varied set list, but it always remains true to the gospel tradition.
- Country of Origin
- EMI Music Distribution
- Aaron Neville
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Oh Happy Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Saw the Light
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Bridge Over Troubled Water
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Morning Has Broken
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] If I Had a Hammer
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Ave Maria
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Let It Be
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Mary, Don't You Weep
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Steer Me Right
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Gotta Serve Somebody
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Change Is Gonna Come, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] I Believe
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Let Go
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Banks of the River Jordan
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Any Day Now
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Jesus Is a Friend of Mine
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Jesus Loves Me
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Singing You a Prayer
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] What Would Jesus Do?
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Going Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Were You There?
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] I Shall Be Released
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Amazing Grace
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Csaba Petocz; David Farrell; Gabe Veltri; Gary Lux; Pete Greene; Steve Lindsey
No reviews yet.