Greatest Hits Volume 2 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 380
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary Country
- Mono / Stereo
- Keith Stegall
- Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
Initial pressings of GREATEST HITS VOLUME 2 included a bonus CD.
Personnel: Alan Jackson (vocals, guitar); Jimmy Buffett (vocals); Bruce Watkins, Greenwood Hart (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Paul Franklin, Lloyd Green (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Glenn Worf (electric bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Eric Darken (percussion); John Wesley Ryles (background vocals).
Recorded at Emerald Entertainment's Tracking Room, The Sound Station, East Iris, Nashville, Tennessee; Shrimpboat Sound, Key West, Florida; McClear Digital, Toronto, Canada.
"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" won the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Country Song. The song was also nominated for Best Country Collaboration With Vocals.
Anyone who earns a second volume of GREATEST HITS has obviously learned a thing or two about staying power and consistency of artistic vision. Such is the case with Alan Jackson, who appeared in the 1990s as mainstream country's alternative to the dominance of King Garth. His sound was still eminently accessible, but the faux-Springsteen drama of Kiss fan Garth's rock manque was eschewed for a more roots-oriented (though hardly traditionalist) sound. Things kick off nicely with the Cajun-flavored smash "Little Bitty," then giving way to the introspective, fiddle-laced country ballad "Everything I Love." Along the way, there's the pleasantly chugging, upbeat "It Must Be Love," the much-publicized post-9/11 song "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)," thankfully absent of Toby Keith's contemporaneous jingoistic rancor, and the Jimmy Buffett-assisted party anthem "It's Five O' Clock Somewhere." Add a couple of unreleased tracks and a bonus disc of more obscure material, and you've got as good an introduction to Jackson's work as his first GREATEST HITS COLLECTION.
- Country of Origin
- BMG (distributor)
- Alan Jackson
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Little Bitty
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Everything I Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Who's Cheatin' Who
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] There Goes
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] I'll Go on Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Right on the Money
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Gone Crazy
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Little Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Pop a Top
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Blues Man, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] It Must Be Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Www.Memory
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] When Somebody Loves You
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Where I Come From
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Drive (For Daddy Gene)
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Remember When
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.