Halloween - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 770
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Chip Davis
Mannheim Steamroller: Chip Davis.
Recorded at Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, Illinois.
Personnel: Jennifer Cappelli, Carmen Llop, Mark Agnor, Fox Fehling, Roberta Freier, Nisanne Graff, Sando Xia, Steven Boe, Alison Dalton, Ronald Satkiewicz, Amy Cutler, David Earl Taylor, Paul Phillips, Clara Lindner, Arnie Roth, Michael Shelton (violin); Clara Takarabe, Karen Dirks, Benton Wedge, Marlou Johnston, Loretta Gillespie, Daniel Strba (viola); Lewis Kirk, Robert Barris (bassoon); Christine Worthing, Gregory Flint, Jason Herrick, Dale Clevenger (horns); Brenda Donati, Scott Rosenthal, Robert Kassinger, Larry Gray (double bass).
Audio Remixer: Brian Ackley.
Recording information: Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, IL; University Of Downstairs, Chip's House.
With more than half a dozen Christmas albums under his belt, Chip Davis drives his Mannheim Steamroller over to another beloved holiday: Halloween. On this supernatural-themed outing, Davis brings his trademark synth-and-orchestra bombast to compositions such as "Hall of the Mountain King," "The Flying Dutchman," "Night on Bald Mountain," "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," and more. Perhaps the most successful tune, however, is the opening track, "Toccata in Demole," which calls mad scientists and dark castles to mind. Throughout the album, Davis seems to be having a good, goofy time, and this consistently shows through, making it the musical equivalent of a fun Halloween night spent trick or treating.
- Country of Origin
- American Gramaphone Records
- Studio / Live
- Mannheim Steamroller
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Toccata in de Mole (after Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D minor, BWV 565)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Peer Gynt Suite for orchestra (or piano or piano, 4 hands) No. 1, Op. 46: Hall of the Mountain King
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Harvest Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Overture to Der fliegende Holl„nder (The Flying Dutchman), for orchestra
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Z-Row Gravity
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Funeral March of a Marionette, for piano or orchestra in D minor
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Rock & Roll Graveyard
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] St. John's Night on the Bare Mountain (Ivanova noch' na Lisoy gore), symphonic poem for orchestra
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Crystal
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] All Hallow's Eve
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Sorcerer's Apprentice, The (L'apprenti sorcier), symphonic scherzo for orchestra
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Rite of Twilight (after Marius Contant's Twilight Zone Theme Song)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Die Walkre (The Valkyrie), opera, WWV 86b: Ride of the Valkyries
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Sound Effects: Enchanted Forest
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Sound Effects: The Other Side
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Sound Effects: Enchanted Forest II
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Sound Effects: The Reaper
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Sound Effects: Ghost Voices
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Sound Effects: Alien Spaceship
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Sound Effects: Enchanted Forest III
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Sound Effects: Mountain King
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Sound Effects: Digital Death
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Sound Effects: Souls Demise
- Fontana Distribution
- 89m 26s
- Chris Sabold; Brian Pinke; Dave Cwirko; Kelly "Mikey" Davis; Matt Lejeune; Brian Ackley
No reviews yet.