Heavy D & The Boyz - Millennium Collection - Best Of Heavy D & The Boyz (CD)
Heavy D & the Boyz
Discovery Miles 850
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary R&B
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Overweight Lover's in the House, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Mr. Big Stuff - (Remix, remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Don't You Know
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Chunky but Funky - (Remix, remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] We Got Our Own Thang
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Somebody for Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Gyrlz, They Love Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Now That We Found Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Is It Good to You
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sister, Sister
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Got Me Waiting
- Rap / Hip Hop
- South Africa
Personnel includes: Heavy D, Al. Be Sure!, Teddy Riley, Aaron Hall, Tammy Lucas, Crystal Johnson.
Producers includes: Heavy D, Ted Riley, Andre Hall, DJ Marley Marl, Pete Rock.
Compilation producers: Mike Ragona, Beth Stempel.
Recorded between 1986 & 1994. Includes liner notes by A. Scott Galloway.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Crystal Johnson, Aaron Hall, Al B. Sure!, Tammy Lucas (vocals).
Liner Note Author: A. Scott Galloway.
Photographers: Benjamin Oliver; Al Pereira; Nick Baratta.
The Heavy D & the Boyz entry in Universal's discount-priced 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection series follows the first seven years of the group's career, from the late-1986 release of their rap remake of Jean Knight's "Mr. Big Stuff" (heard here in a remix) to the early-1994 release of the Top Five R&B single "Got Me Waiting." From that period, all of their Top 40 R&B hits are included, plus the self-defining tracks from their debut album, Living Large: "The Overweight Lover's in the House" and "Chunky but Funky" (the latter in a remix), and the tribute to African American womankind "Sister, Sister." At a time when rap could be brutally hard-edged, Heavy D was a good-natured presence, sending himself up and maintaining a positive attitude. This is a good survey of the highlights of the early part of his career -- not as complete as the 2000 compilation Heavy Hitz, but not as expensive, either. ~ William Ruhlmann
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Heavy D & the Boyz
- 47m 29s
No reviews yet.