Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 090
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Bossa Nova
- Mono / Stereo
- Herb Alpert
- Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
SERGIO MENDES & BRASIL 66, the debut album from the famed Brazilian artist, features 10 tracks including "O Pato" and "Berimbau."
Sergio Mendes/Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66: Sergio Mendes; Jose-Paulo Soares, Janis Hansen, Lani Hall, Bob Matthews, Joao Palma.
This self-titled 10-track set, the debut album by Sergio Mendes and his Brasil '66 ensemble, establishes the template for the group's popular sound, with its mix of lush late-1960s pop and bossa nova. Although the band wouldn't achieve massive success until '68, tracks such as the lively, percussive "Mas Que Nada" and the enthusiastic treatment of the Beatles' "Day Tripper" feature all of Brasil 66's trademarks, most notably Mendes's spry keyboard lines and the bold, expressive vocals of Lani Hall, which stood in sharp contrast to the lighter Astrud/Joao Gilberto singing approach of the era.
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Sergio Mendes/Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Mas que Nada
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] One Note Samba Spanish Flea
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Joker, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Going Out of My Head
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Tim Dom Dom (Chim Dome Diome)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Daytripper
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Agua de Beber
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Slow Hot Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] O Pato
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Berimbau
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.