House of Pain - (Import CD)
House of Pain
Discovery Miles 2 070
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- East Coast Rap
- Mono / Stereo
- House of Pain [PA]
Personnel includes: Everlast, Danny Boy O'Connor (vocals); D.J. Lethal (scratches).
Producers include: D.J. Lethal, D.J. Muggs, Ralph Tha Funky Mexican.
Personnel: Everlast, Danny Boy O'Connor, Son Doobie (vocals); Steve Marker (guitar).
Audio Mixers: Muggs; Jason Roberts .
Recording information: Ameraycan Studios, North Hollywood, CA; Image Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Photographer: Michael Miller .
Unknown Contributor Roles: Ralph Tha Funky Mexican; Son Doobie; Bob & Earl.
With their brawling take on golden-age hip-hop (the drunken yang to Cypress Hill's blissed-out yin?), proud-to-be-Irish-American trio House of Pain could easily have been a tired clich‚. However, with acrobatic, learned lyrics and dexterous beats farmed from bop, blues, and deep funk, the L.A. band of Everlast, Danny Boy, and DJ Lethal turned out to transcend predictability. While best known for "Jump Around," the frenetic sing-a-long that surprised even the band itself by becoming a #3 pop hit, the threesome's 1992 debut offers a vast array of styles ranging from the sly, hazy "Shamrocks & Shenanegans" to the sinister "House of Pain Anthem" to the sweetly lively "Top O' The Morning To Ya."
- Country of Origin
- Tommy Boy
- Studio / Live
- House of Pain
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Salutations
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Jump Around
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Put Your Head Out
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Top o' the Morning to Ya
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Commercial 1 - (1)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] House and the Rising Son
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Shamrocks and Shenanigans
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] House of Pain Anthem
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Danny Boy, Danny Boy
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Guess Who's Back
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Commercial 2 - (2)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Put on Your Shit Kickers
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Come and Get Some of This
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Life Goes On
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] One for the Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Feel It
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] All My Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Jump Around - (Pete Rock Remix, Pete Rock remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Shamrocks and Shenanigans - (Boom Shalock Lock Boom/Butch Vig Mix, remix)
- Alternative Dis. Alliance
Rolling Stone (10/29/92, p.70) - 3.5 Stars - Good Plus - "...With a groovy swagger, this collection of hard-core hip-hop tracks offers many moments of technicolor snap and crackle..."
Q (12/92, p.124) - 3 Stars - Good - "...their music is of the dense, hard-hitting school of hip hop...the group have absorbed black rap's musical lessons and create a satisfying platform for their above average deliveries..."
The Source (9/92, p.57) - 3.5 Stars - Good Plus - "...a very solid and at times exceptional album...imagine if LICENCED TO ILL wasn't an upper middle class Jewish thing but rather a working class Irish thang...the atmosphere is like that of a cross between a frat party and a bar room brawl..."
NME (Magazine) (11/7/92, p.34) - 6 - Good - "...contains some creative and accomplished rap music..."
- 54m 25s
- Video Disabled
- Pete Rock; Steve Marker; Jason Roberts; Butch Vig
No reviews yet.