I Dreamed a Dream - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 240
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Susan Boyle (Vocals)
- Copy Control
- Steve Mac
- I Dreamed A Dream
Personnel: John Parricelli (guitar); Steve Mac (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Dave Arch (piano); Chris Laws (drums); Mae McKenna (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Ren Swan.
Recording information: Air Studios, London; Rokstone Studios, London; Sphere Studios.
Arranger: Steve Mac.
Susan Boyle's grand unveiling on Britain's Got Talent was with a song from Les Miserables - the very song that lends this album its title -- and if she could become an international sensation based on a show tune standard, there's no reason for her to change her approach on her debut, since that's the sound that made her a star. Plus, a large part of Boyle's appeal is that she's a middle-aged woman recalling a bygone era when there were singers that appealed to an adult audience by offering soft, stately versions of pop hits and standards. That time was the late '60s and early '70s, and apart from a rather faithful version of Madonna's "You'll See," I Dreamed a Dream could very well have been released all those years ago, as it mixes up the show tunes, gospel, and Christmas carols with covers of Skeeter Davis' "The End of the World," the Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses," and a version of "Daydream Believer" that is easily the slowest on record. Boyle sings beautifully throughout, delivering more of the same of what she did in her moment in the sun on television. Those won over by Boyle, either her voice or story, will surely be satisfied. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Wild Horses
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Dreamed a Dream
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Cry Me a River
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] How Great Thou Art
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] You'll See
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Daydream Believer
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Up to the Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Amazing Grace
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Who I Was Born to Be
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Proud
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] End of the World, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Silent Night
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Entertainment Weekly (p.95) - "[T]he lady's 'Cry Me a River' does pack a strangely sensual punch..."
- 42m 51s
- Video Disabled
- Dann Pursey; Chris Laws
No reviews yet.