If You Want Blood You've Got It - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 690
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- George Young; Vanda & Young; Harry Vanda
- If You Want Blood You've Got It
This is a Hyper CD, which contains regular audio tracks and also provides a link to the artist's website with the help of a web browser.
AC/DC: Bon Scott (vocals); Angus Young, Malcolm Young (guitar); Cliff Williams (bass); Phil Rudd (drums).
Recorded live in 1978. Originally released on Atlantic (19212). Includes liner notes by Rich Bienstock.
Personnel: Bon Scott (vocals); Malcolm Young, Angus Young (guitar); Phil Rudd (drums).
Liner Note Author: Richard Bienstock.
Recording information: World Tour (1978).
Photographers: Jim Houghton; Veuige; Claude Gassian.
The hard rock world got a close-up view of the power of AC/DC with the band's first live offering, IF YOU WANT BLOOD, YOU'VE GOT IT. Although the Australian rockers had three prior studio releases of undeniable crunch under their belt, it was this live document that captured the band in all its' chomping power chord glory. Distilling the blues and rock 'n' roll down to its barest structures of guitar/bass/drums leaves little room for error. Without heavy production techniques, keyboards, tape loops (or even an effect pedal, for that matter), the band takes to the stage with only bare-knuckle riffs and a floor shaking 4/4 beat.
And shake the floor they did. Many of the tunes included here are became early live classics for the band. Certainly, "The Jack," a gleeful tale of sexually transmitted disease and "Whole Lotta Rosie," another heartwarming romp about a...uh...large female fan were concert staples during the band's formative years for good reason. Led by Angus Young's gargantuan guitar, these songs are trademark boogie stoppers full of adolescent lust and a hedonistic sweat that is entirely guilt free.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Epic (USA)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Riff Raff
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Bad Boy Boogie
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Jack, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Problem Child
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Whole Lotta Rosie
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] High Voltage
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Let There Be Rock
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Rocker
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Q (10/03, p.124) - 5 stars out of 5 - "...For a true snapshot of the band at their bawdy, breathless, balls-out peak, 1978's live set IF YOU WANT BLOOD...is unbeatable..."
- 51m 37s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.