Intimacy - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 990
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Copy Control
Recording information: 54 Sound, Ferndale, MI; Entourage Studios, North Hollywood, CA; Masterpiece Sound, Detroit, MI; Pac 3 Studio, Dearborn, MI; Studio A, Dearborn Heights, MI; Twyman Studio, North Hollywood, CA.
Photographers: Meeno Peluce; Arthur King ; Treagen Colston.
All the subtle variations on Kem's sound -- his exceptionally smooth adult contemporary R&B, modern quiet storm that has earned the singer two gold-selling albums -- add up to a set that doesn't sound like a mere rehash of his past successes. While Intimacy features his familiar gentle, less-is-more touch throughout, it's more forwardly sensual -- skillfully so, without being too brash or overt for his audience -- and upfront all-around, from the romantic material to the odes to mothers and inner peace. On Kemistry and Album II, there often was a slight distance to Kem's voice, both sonically and lyrically, but there is no such air of mystery here. His voice is clear over the sparse arrangements, and his words are more direct than before. That said, the biggest surprise is "Golden Days," in which Jill Scott, the first vocal guest on a Kem album, rants and preaches for over a minute. ~ Andy Kellman
- Universal Motown
- 45m 46s
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] When I'm Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Can You Feel It
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Love Never Fails
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Share My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Human Touch
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] If It's Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Why Would You Stay
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Mother's Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] You're on My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Golden Days
- Universal Distribution
- Entertainment Weekly (p.89) - "The arrangements on his third LP embody the title, complementing his honeyed vocals with gentle acoustic strumming..."
- Dave Rideau; Eric Morgeson; Richard Becker; Tip Wyman; Jazreel Santos; Steven King; Todd Fairall; Carlos Gunn
No reviews yet.