Into the Wild (OST) - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 550
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Eddie Vedder; Adam Kasper
- Into The Wild
The chiming, acoustic sound of "Hard Sun," the lead-off single from this collection of solo Eddie Vedder material, might lead fans to wonder where the roaring guitars and grunge-drenched energy of Pearl Jam has gone. Yet the large-scale, anthemic quality of the song, its forceful, three-chord progression, and Vedder's familiar gruff and soaring vocals reveal that the singer hasn't strayed far from home turf.
INTO THE WILD, a soundtrack to the Sean Penn film of the same name, features 11 original tunes from Vedder that largely fit the mold of "Hard Sun." The songs are acoustic, wistful, earnest and open-hearted, yet boast arrangements and a production style that favors a grand sonic sweep over intimacy, the sound of unique personal dreams writ large (a perfect fit with the film's story, which concerns a young man's hitch-hiking odyssey). Sleater-Kinney's Corin Tucker and blues harmonica veteran Charlie Musselwhite join Vedder in creating the cinematic atmosphere, but its Vedder's voice that carries the show. Pearl Jam fans will find this release a surprising, but satisfying, change of pace.
- Country of Origin
- J Records
- Studio / Live
- Eddie Vedder
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Setting Forth
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] No Ceiling
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Far Behind
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Rise
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Long Nights
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Tuolumne
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Hard Sun
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Society
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Wolf, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] End of the Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Guaranteed
- BMG (distributor)
- Q (Magazine) (p.124) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "The circling banjo of 'No Ceiling' and 'The Wolf''s aptly feral howls evoke long days and cold nights in the wilderness..."
- 33m 4s
- Video Disabled
- John Burton; Sam Hofstedt
No reviews yet.