It's De Lovely:Authentic Cole Porter - (Import CD)
No new stock available
Returned & shop soiled products
Quality checked by Takealot
Backed by our 6 month Takealot warranty
No extended supplier warranty
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Show Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- Barry Feldman; Will Friedwald (Compilation); Barry Feldman (Reissue)
- It's De Lovely: The Authentic Cole Porter Collection
Personnel: Cole Porter (vocals); Cole Porter; Frank Sinatra, Lew Conrad, Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Bubber Miley (trumpet); Dinah Shore, Fred Astaire, Al Bowlly, Lena Horne, Phil Saxe (vocals); Jim Hall (guitar); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone).
Liner Note Authors: Will Friedwald; Barry Feldman.
Recording information: Clinton Recording Studio, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Hollywood Recording Studio, Hollywood, CA (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Hollywood, CA (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Liederkranz Hall, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Manhattan Center, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); RCA Studio, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Studio A, Hollywood, CA (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Victor Studio #1, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Victor Studio #2, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004); Webster Hall, New York, NY (03/01/1928-05/05/2004).
Arrangers: Esquivel; Joe Reisman; Manny Albam; Vince Giordano; Axel Stordahl.
Cole Porter holds a place in history as one of America's most legendary songsmiths. Indeed, he eclipses most of his contemporaries, save Irving Berlin and George Gershwin. A composer of matchless wit and charm, Porter penned countless tunes that blossomed into chart-toppers and mainstream jazz standards.
IT'S DE LOVELY represents the wide range of interpretations that have been applied to the composer's work over the years. The disc includes the now-famous performance of "Night and Day" by a young Frank Sinatra, a cowboy version of "Don't Fence Me In" by Roy Rogers, and jazz versions of "You Do Something to Me" and "I've Got You Under My Skin" by saxophonists Sonny Rollins and Paul Desmond, respectively. The opening tracks, which feature Porter himself on vocals, are the high points of this album. These selections are unique for two reasons. First, Porter rarely performed his own music, and second, the big-band arrangements that accompany him were recorded in 2004, seven decades after Porter laid down his vocal tracks. Listeners can hear what it might have sounded like had Porter taken his performing career as seriously as his passion for songwriting.
- BMG (distributor)
- Cole Porter
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Anything Goes
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] You're the Top
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Begin the Beguine
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] From This Moment On
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] You Do Something to Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] It's De-Lovely
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Night and Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Let's Misbehave
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Don't Fence Me In
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] I Love Paris
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Easy to Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Just One of Those Things
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] What Is This Thing Called Love?
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] I've Got You Under My Skin
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] I Get a Kick Out of You
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Night and Day - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] You Do Something to Me - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Night and Day - (bonus track)
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Troy Halderson; Troy Halderson
No reviews yet.