J5Create USB3.0 Boomerang Station
List Price R 1,519
Discovery Miles 13 790
On Credit: R / month
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
The j5create JUD480 USB 3.0 Boomerang Station enables you to add a 2nd monitor instantly via HDMI or VGA connectors. When you need to get things done fast, simply connect your monitor, keyboard, mouse, Ethernet, speakers, microphone, etc. to your laptop with a single USB 3.0 cable. It is the perfect solution for expanding your Ultrabook or MacBook into a full sized workstation.
- Two Super Speed USB 3.0 Ports
- Keyboard and Mouse Sharing Between Devices
- Aluminium Housing
- Compatible with Windows and amp; Mac
- Host Interface: USB 3.0 Micro B connector
-Cable: USB 3.0 Micro B to Type A
-Video Interfaces: VGA-DB 15 pin Female, HDMI Female Connector (with Audio)
Ethernet: RJ-45 (Gigabit Ethernet)
- USB 3.0 Female connectors x 4
- USB 3.0 Battery Charging V.1.2 Charging ports x 2
- (Two ports that provide additional power of up to 1.5A for fast-charging an iPad, smart phones, tablet or similar products.)
- Microphone: 3.5 mm stereo audio in
- Speaker: 3.5 mm stereo audio out
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Output: DC 5V-3A (US-JP-TW) or 5V-4A (EU-UK-AU-CN)
Functions via Display
- Video Playback:1080P
- Display resolution: 2048 x 1152 at 32bit
- Display Modes: Primary, Extended, Mirror
- Display Rotation: 0 degrees, 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees
- Main body: 350 x 30 x 121mm
- Cable length: 60cm
- Weight: Approximately 174g
- Housing Material: ABS
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8, 7, xP (32-bit or 64-bit) compatible
- Mac OS x 10.9 - 10.8 - 10.7 - 10.6
- Available USB port (USB 3.0 is recommended)
Robert, South Africa. 18 March 2015
Device works with the drivers on the box. You cant use the VGA and HDMI displaying different desktops. Otherwise works well (using Windows 8.1 and 7)
John, South Africa. 28 December 2014
Useless with Mac OSX 10.9 and 10.10. Displaylink drivers are faulty and there is no fix yet. Considering returning it.
Travis, South Africa. 20 February 2015
You need to follow the instructions step by step in order for it to work correctly. Once setup, the docking station is a fantastic solution to giving you more ports to expand and makes life easier by not having plug/unplug keyboard and mouse all the time.
Cas, South Africa. 26 September 2014
Well designed, and light weight. For Mac, the setup involves installing 2 drivers, 1 for the Gigabit Ethernet, and another for the HDMI display - you HAVE to follow the supplied instructions, else the Gigabit driver won't work first time round.
Solves the problem for most MacBook users by supplying 4 USB 3.0 ports, and the Gigabit Ethernet port. Also great if you need 2 external monitors.
Great design and very good value for money!
Shawn, South Africa. 17 February 2015
Unfortunately an unreliable docking solution. All connections work fine but only for a short period of time, max an hour. On the first day of use, the dock froze more times than I can count and caused a blue screen error once. The suppliers R&D is based in Taiwan so response to errors is quite slow. This is based on experience with a Dell Latitude 3540 i5 laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64.
Johan, South Africa. 16 February 2015
Power supply cable to short.
David, South Africa. 12 March 2015
Nice, exelent laptop dock station to have!