JBL Horizon Clock Radio - Black
List Price R 1,999
Discovery Miles 15 900
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
JBL Horizon Clock Radio, wake up to your favorite Music
Enjoy music wirelessly via Bluetooth. Dual USB Ports for overnight charging of smart devices. FM Tuner with 5 preset stations for easy access to your favorite music station. Dual Alarms. LED lighting for night visibilities
- Frequency response: 70Hz - 20KHz
- Rated power: 2 x 5W
- Dimension (H x W x D): 160mm x 183mm x 86mm
- Weight: 890g
Jacques, South Africa. 4 June 2016
Really happy with this purchase!
Michael, South Africa. 13 January 2016
This product is definitely worth the purchase price, sound great and works as intended.
With regards to the alarm becoming too loud very quickly, I cannot say I've experienced that issue at all. The built in alarm sounds do increase in volume but over a 20 to 30 second period (definitely not 5 seconds) and at max it's not that loud, my phone's alarm loudness on the other hand was something to complain about. But even the JBL Horizon did get loud the deeper and higher quality sound it produces makes it less of an problem than it would have been with a phone or a alarm clock with a high pitch alarm.
I also tested whether this loudness issue was present with the Bluetooth and radio alarm settings and my findings were:
- Bluetooth as the alarm: Yes when the alarm goes off it does increase to maximum volume in about 20 to 30 seconds and it will be loud if you have your phone or mp3 player on maximum volume. But I left my iPod and 50% volume and then there was no problem.
- Radio as the alarm: Once again the volume increased over a period of 30 seconds, but I would say it about 60% to 70% the maximum of the volume, so once again volume does not seem to be an issue.
So it might be that JBL updated the Horizon a bit due to the complaints about the loudness.
If I have to list a couple of cons they would be:
- Power cable is a bit on the short side
- Two usb port might have been better at the back than on the side (that just me nit-picking)
- Once again me just nit-picking, but it would have been nice to be able to choose between different colours for the light, or at least the colour temperature)
- More than three built in alarm tones would have been nice
- The buttons (except for the snooze button) are a bit difficult to locate in the beginning because they are not very tacktile. However it's something that you get used to after a while, so not a problem anymore.
Tanya, South Africa. 12 November 2015
I have mine a couple of months now, I really don't have any issue with the alarm clock. You just have to know where to switch it off though. Its an awesome product.
john, South Africa. 19 January 2016
I don't know why people rate it badly. it does increase volume gradually when waking up, and doesn't go full blast. some reviews say you can't set alarms with BT but again, you CAN. awesome product.
Jurie Grobler, South Africa. 14 September 2015
Great tough product with amazing sound!!!
Gerhard, South Africa. 5 August 2015
PLS ensure you know about the volume issue on the alarm that can not be set - google it !!! It is an awesome sounding alarm clock but pls be warned only buy this if you are a heavy sleeper !!! You can not set the wakeup volume so this one goes from 1 tot 10 in a couple of seconds and you have to manually lower the volume every morning -- this needs to be addressed by JBL to make it the awesome clock it is supposed to be
Serena, South Africa. 8 September 2015
It looks and sounds great however, for the amount of money you pay you can use your phone as an alarm and radio. It would be worth it if it took an SD card or USB but it can only connect via Bluetooth which means you need to run another device on it. I returned mine the next day. I would have loved to keep it.
Zak, South Africa. 27 July 2016
JBL quality, fantastic sound, smooth LED display and lots of nice futures, just don't wake up to the FM radio. Starts out sot to very loud will drive you crazy. Rather use your Cell phone or Tablet's Bluetooth to wake you up to stored music or online streaming stations. Volume can be controlled on your Bluetooth device to desired maximum level. Zak
Flavio, South Africa. 25 September 2015
I would give 5 stars for:
- Great sound for a small speaker
- Design, a the beginning I felt this a bit big but it fits well in my side table
- Easy to see the time and nice dimming function
- Very easy and quick to connect on Bluetooth
I would give 3 stars because:
- Even though I like the dimming function, it feel somethings a bit bright in a dark room.
- The alarm sound is not good. You setup for lower volume and quickly it goes to maximum.
- Sometimes when you move the radio/clock it disconnects the power cable
Therefore I give 4 stars. As I bought because of the clock and sometimes to listen to music. I love this device. I never really intend to use as a alarm. So if you are looking for a great alarm, forget it.
Nicola, South Africa. 14 May 2015
I bought this as an alarm clock and music player for my room. I returned it within a week. The problem was that although the sound was exceptional, the volume as an alarm clock was a MAJOR issue. When the time came to turn on as an alarm it would go from soft to FULL volume within 5 seconds. I repeat FULL volume. There is no way to control the volume as the alarm clock. I did research on the product after first experiencing this issue, and everyone is talking about it. It would wake the entire household up. If not for this issue, the product would have been brilliant.
Nick, South Africa. 18 August 2016
The sound is great. Nice product. Took a bit to get it set up (maybe I should have read the manual first). I bought it as a gift - the recipient loves it. I might even get one myself.
Wilhelm, South Africa. 19 April 2016
I also dont know what people are on about, the alarm clock function is excellent and you will not over sleep. The sound quality is excellent we use it every morning, bluetooth playback is perfect with no audio lag, etc. device is made well and is pretty compact. The usb port give out enough power to charge an iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini.
David, South Africa. 21 October 2016
If I were buying a speaker, this would have been great but I really did want a clock and with the over aggressive dimmer active, the time is completely invisible unless the room is completely dark. Useless rubbish!
John, South Africa. 26 July 2015
The best alarm radio I have ever owned. Good sound. Great portability around the house and garden. Bluetooth works well. A great all-rounder. P. S. It wakes you up in the morning.
Phillip, South Africa. 9 January 2017
Warren, South Africa. 12 August 2016
Love this product. Awesome sound, easy setup. No complaints what so ever.