John Prine Live - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 490
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Al Bunetta; Dan Einstein; Jim Rooney; John Prine
2 LPs on 1 CD.
Personnel: John Prine (vocals, acoustic guitar); Steve Goodman, Bonnie Raitt (vocals, acoustic guitar); Jim Rooney (acoustic guitar); David Bromberg, Philip Donnelly (electric guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin); Rachel Peer-Prine, Johnny Lee Schell (electric bass); Kenny Malone (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Hank Meuberger; Jim Rooney; Jim Tullio; Richard Adler .
Recording information: KLRU-TV; The Arie Crown Theater, Chicago, IL; The Cannery, Nashville, TN; The Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Originally released as a double album, this 1988 outing presents singer/songwriter John Prine in concert before an enthusiastic audience. Throughout most of the 19-track collection, Prine is armed with only his acoustic guitar, raspy vocals, and charming wit, offering up both off-the-cuff tales and some of his finest songs. The Illinois native is joined by Bonnie Raitt on the gorgeous "Angel of Montgomery," and his longtime friend Steve Goodman sits in on the wistful "Souvenirs," but many of LIVE's best moments feature Prine alone, allowing his remarkable storytelling ability to come to the fore. Highlights include the amiably quirky "Come Back to Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard," the humorous "Illegal Smile" (here a boisterous sing-along), the moving Vietnam War ballad "Sam Stone," and, of course, the thoughtful closer, "Hello in There," which stands as one of Prine's masterpieces. Although the two-disc GREAT DAYS compilation is the best introduction to Prine's studio material, this excellent album showcases the performer's charming persona in a wonderfully unadorned setting.
- Country of Origin
- Oh Boy
- Studio / Live
- John Prine
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Come Back to Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Six O'Clock News
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Oldest Baby in the World, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Angel from Montgomery
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Grandpa Was a Carpenter
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Blue Umbrella
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Fish and Whistle
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Sabu Visits the Twin Cities Alone
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Living in the Future
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Illegal Smile
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Mexican Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Speed of the Sound of Loneliness
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Accident, The (Things Could Be Worse)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Sam Stone
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Souvenirs
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Aw Heck
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Donald and Lydia
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Hello in There
- Q (9/93, p.102) - 3 Stars - Good - "...Jokes, philosophy and stories aplenty - what more could you want from American national treasures?..."
- 74m 42s
- Video Disabled
- Stan Davus
No reviews yet.