John Williams - Classic John Williams - Romance (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Easy Listening
- Number of Items
- Classic John Williams - Romance
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Sony Classical
- Sbme Special Mkts.
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Pavane, Op. 50
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Romance
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Pavane, for orchestra & chorus ad lib in F sharp minor, Op. 50
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Sunburst for guitar
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Una Limosna por el Amor de Dios, for guitar ("El Ultimo Tr‚molo;" "El Ultimo Canto")
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Suite espa¤ola No. 1, for piano, Op. 47, B. 7: Asturias
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Gymnopedie for piano No. 3
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Condor Pasa, traditional melody, El
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Deer Hunter, film score: Cavatina, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Verano porte¤o, tango (incl. in Cuatro estaciones porte¤as [The Four Seasons])
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Scherzino Mexicano, for guitar
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Berceuse
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Natalia, for guitar
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Danza Espanola, for orchestra (from "La Vida Breve")
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Mrs. Maxwell
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Epitaphs No. 3, for guitar
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Partita for lute in E major, BWV 1006a (BC L171): Prelude
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "CortŠge"
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Trio Sonata for violin, lute & continuo in C major, RV 82: III. Allegro
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Concierto de Aranjuez, for guitar & orchestra: Adagio
- Release Date
- 16 May 2000
Personnel: John Williams (guitar).
The guitar gained international acceptance as a classical instrument only in the 20th century. In that time, however, few musicians achieved a reputation for utter mastery of the instrument equal to that of John Williams. This collection of bright moments from his illustrious career includes music from throughout the world, each highlighting an aspect of Williams' brilliance.
While some of the works included in this album may be novelties for Williams, listeners will no doubt be familiar with them. The traditional tune 'Romance' is often performed by guitar students, but rarely with the delicacy found here. Simon and Garfunkel fans will recognize the Peruvian folksong, "El condor pasa," but will delight in Williams' performance of this arrangement.
Revisiting Williams' classic recordings is an equal treat. The passion of the tango swells in Piazzolla's 'Verano porte¤o,' and the bright, dexterous fingerwork required in York's 'Sunburst' shows why Williams is recognized as one of the guitar's great masters. Whether performing solo or with a full orchestra, Williams brings out the sweetness, power and lyricism of his instrument.
- 75m 7s
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Video Disabled
- John Williams (Guitar)
- Date Released
- 1999-01-01 00:00:00
No reviews yet.