Johnny Copeland - Down on Bended Knee (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 690
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Regional Collections
- Mono / Stereo
- Scott Billington (Compilation)
- Essential Recordings: Down on Bended Knee *
- South Africa
Personnel: Johnny Copeland (vocals, guitar); Stevie Ray Vaughan (guitar); George Adams (saxophone); Michael Merritt (bass guitar); Dwayne "Cook" Broadnax (drums); Souliman Moamed (percussion).
Johnny Copeland was unusual among his contemporaries in that he played a sophisticated brand of horn-laden urban blues heavily influenced by T-Bone Walker. ESSENTIAL RECORDINGS: DOWN ON BENDED KNEE collects the best of Copeland's 1980s recordings for Rounder Records. The New York-via-Houston bluesman's big voice and tasty, stinging guitar leads are in evidence on everything from funk workouts ("Kasavubu") to gospel-style roof raisers ("Claim Jumper") to classic shuffles ("Down On Bended Knee"). All the songs are Copeland originals too, making this collection one of the best representations of some of Copeland's best work.
- Country of Origin
- Rounder Select
- Universal Distribution
- Johnny Copeland
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] When the Rain Starts Fallin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Cut Off My Right Arm
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Down On Bended Knee
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Kasavubu
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Blues Ain't Nothin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Devil's Hand
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Honky Tonkin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Claim Jumper
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Don't Stop By the Creek, Son
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Make My Home Where I Hang My Hat
- Studio / Live
No reviews yet.