Josh Groban - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 450
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Classic Pop Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- 56m 20s
- Josh Groban
Personnel includes: Josh Groban, The Corrs, Charlotte Church (vocals); William Ross (conductor); Ramon Stagnaro, Dean Parks (guitar); Lili Hayden (violin, background vocals); Richard Marx (piano, keyboards); David Foster, Walter Afanasieff (keyboards); Curt Bisquera (drums); Rhys Fulber, Felipe Elgueta (programming); Efrat, Marco Marinangeli (background vocals).
Producers include: David Foster, Walter Afanasieff, Toni Renis, Richard Marx,
Engineers include: Felipe Elgueta, Humberto Gatica, Nick Marshall.
Personnel includes: Josh Groban (vocals); Angie Stone, Andrea Corr (vocals); John Williams (conductor); Lili Hayden (violin); David Foster (piano); Rhys Fulber (keyboards).
Adapter: Claudia Brant.
Personnel: Dean Parks, Michael Hart Thompson , Ram¢n Stagnaro, George Doering (guitar); Lili Haydn , Lili Hayden (violin, background vocals); Richard Marx (piano, keyboards); Chris Elliott (piano); David Foster, Walter Afanasieff (keyboards); Curt Bisquera (drums); Mike Plotnikoff (ngoma); Felipe Elgueta, Robert Conley, Tony Renis, Greg Bieck (programming); Matt Prock, Matt Walker (drum programming); Marco Marinangeli (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: David Cole; Felipe Elgueta; Humberto Gatica.
Recording information: BBC Recording Studios, Cardiff, Wales; Capitol studios, Los Angeles, CA; Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales; Chartmaker Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Coupe Studios, Boulder, CO; Master Control, Burbank, CA; Renegade Studio, Chicago, IL; Sony Studios, Culver City, CA; the Record Plant, Hollywood, CA; Wallyworld, Culver City, CA; Westlake Audio, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: Jay Blakesberg.
Translators: Alberto Testa; Tony Renis.
Arrangers: Jeremy Lubbock; Marco Marinangeli; Rhys Fulber; Richard Marx; William Ross ; David Foster; Walter Afanasieff.
Josh Groban's meteoric rise to stardom began when hit producer David Foster selected him as a last-minute replacement at the dress rehearsal for the 1999 Grammy Awards, where the then-17-year-old singer stood in for Andrea Bocelli in a duet with Celine Dion. The rest, as they say, is history. But can the precocious baritone truly compete with the more seasoned powerhouses of the Classical Crossover scene?
Groban's self-titled debut album validates Foster's prescience and proves that the young vocalist is more than able to hold his own. He moves confidently through an eclectic program with a poise that belies his youth and relative inexperience. He uses his warm voice to great effect in a variety of settings provided by veteran songwriters such as Richard Marx, Albert Hammond, Carole Bayer Sager, and Linda Thompson, among others. Highlights include a poignant reading of Don McLean's "Vincent," a dramatic account of the Neapolitan song "Canto Alla Vita" (featuring the Corrs), and a rock-anthem version of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (with Lili Haydn on violin), as well as "The Prayer," a soaring duet with fellow wunderkind Charlotte Church. With this debut, Groban delivers a crowd-pleasing effort that marks the beginning of what will undoubtedly be a stellar career.
- Country of Origin
- 143 Records
- Studio / Live
- Josh Groban
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Alla luce del sole, song - (Italian)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Gira con me questa notte (It turns with me tonight), song - (Italian)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] You're Still You (adapted from "MalŠna")
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Nuovo Cinema Paradiso - Love Theme (for the film Cinema Paradiso) (Italian)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] To Where You Are, song
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Alejate (Go Away), song - (Spanish)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Canto alla vita - (Italian)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Let Me Fall, song (from Cirque du Soleil) - (from "Cirque Du Soleil")
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Vincent (Starry, Starry Night), song
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] amore per sempre, Un (A Love that's Forever), song - (Italian)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Home To Stay
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben," BWV 147 (BC A174): Jesu, joy of man's desiring
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Prayer, song, The (for the film Quest for Camelot) - (Italian)
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.