Keep on Loving You - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 230
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary Country
- Mono / Stereo
- Tony Brown; Mark Bright; Reba McEntire
- Keep on Loving You
Personnel: Ilya Toshinsky, Brian Sutton (acoustic guitar, banjo); Jimmie Lee Sloas (acoustic guitar); Tom Bukavac, Kenny Greenberg, Brent Mason (electric guitar); Mike Johnson , Paul Franklin (steel guitar, dobro); Aubrey Haynie (mandolin, fiddle); Charles Judge (strings, keyboards); Steve Nathan (piano, keyboards); Matt Rollings, Gordon Mote (piano); Eddie Bayers, Shannon Forrest (drums); Jason Sellers, Judson Spence, Ashley Cleveland, Wayne Kirkpatrick, Wes Hightower, Katrina Elam, Perry Coleman, Kim Keyes (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Derek Bason.
Recording information: Starstruck, Nashville, TN.
Director: Trey Fanjoy.
Photographer: Russ Harrington.
KEEP ON LOVING YOU is contemporary country legend Reba McEntire's debut recording on the semi-independent Valory Music Company label's Starstruck imprint. Despite its release on an indie, the production and approach are anything but.. The cream of country music's current chart crop wrote its 13 songs, and it's a radio-friendly collection showcasing McEntire's adaptability. The title track, a midtempo ballad saturated in compressed guitars, Hammond B-3, and a chorus of fiddles, reveals that McEntire is a belter who can hang with the best of them. The set opener (and its first single), "Strange," with its acoustic guitars, mandolin, and fiddle intros, is like something from the backyard until about 20 seconds in, when a wall of guitars … la John Rich arrives and Reba's vocal spits out lyrics about a wrecked love affair. "I Want a Cowboy" and "Pink Guitar" sound more like McEntire is being backed by the Charlie Daniels Band circa 1979 than her own touring unit. "She's Turning 50 Today" is a trademark McEntire-delivered ballad about a woman who has been abandoned by her husband and decides to leave the wreckage of her life behind. It's the kind of bittersweet power ballad that the singer is famous for, and is delivered with characteristic aplomb.
- Studio / Live
- Reba McEntire
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Strange
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Just When I Thought I'd Stopped Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Keep on Lovin' You
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Want a Cowboy
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Consider Me Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] But Why
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Pink Guitar
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] She's Turning 50 Today
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Eight Crazy Hours (In the Story of Love)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Nothing to Lose
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Over You
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Maggie Creek Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] I'll Have What She's Having
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Strange
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Consider Me Gone [From CMT Invitation Only]
- Universal Distribution
Entertainment Weekly (p.111) - "Reba McEntire leads off her 31st album with 'Strange,' an additively sinister kiss-off..."
Billboard (p.28) - "'Nothing to Lose' is a fast-pickin' barn burner with loads of instrumental breaks..."
- Video Disabled
- Todd Tidwell; Derek Bason; Steve Marcantonio
No reviews yet.