Leonard Cohen - Live At The Isle Of Wight (Vinyl)
Discovery Miles 5 050
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
1 Introduction 3:06
2 Bird On The Wire 4:15
3 Intro To So Long, Marianne 0:16
4 So Long, Marianne 7:07
5 Intro: “Let’s Renew Ourselves Now...” 0:51
6 You Know Who I Am 3:58
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Items
- Leonard Cohen Live at The Isle of Wig - (Import Vinyl Record)
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
- Vinyl Record
Spin (p.90) - "[H]e transforms his lonely songs into something communal, into a solitude everyone can share..."
Clash (magazine) - "One of the most remarkable voices in musical history is captured here, early in his career and in the early hours of the morning..."
Record Collector (magazine) (p.77) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Cohen almost sounds flush with excitement here...he's helped by a reverant audience."
Uncut (magazine) - 5 stars out of 5 -- "Whether singing, reciting or talking, Cohen never misses a phonetic beat....There's a clever underlying structure to the set..."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Introduction
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Bird On a Wire
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Intro To So Long, Marianne
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] So Long, Marianne
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Intro: "Let's Renew Ourselves Now..."
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] You Know Who I Am
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Intro To Poems
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Lady Midnight
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] They Locked Up a Man (Poem)/a Person Who Eats Meat/Intro
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] One of Us Cannot Be Wrong
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Stranger Song, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Tonight Will Be Fine
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Diamonds In the Mine
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Suzanne
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Sing Another Song, Boys
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Partisan, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Famous Blue Raincoat
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Seems So Long Ago, Nancy
- 77m 22s
- On August 31, 1970, Leonard Cohen was scheduled to play the third Isle of Wight Festival. Under chaotic conditions, an unkempt Cohen took the stage without hesitation at 2 a.m in a safari jacket and jeans over his pajamas, along with the Army -- producer Bob Johnson on organ, piano, and guitar; Elkin "Bubba" Fowler on bass and banjo; fiddler Charlie Daniels; guitarist Ron Cornelius; and vocalists Corlynn Hanney, Susan Mussmano, and Donna Washburn. It's all here on CD and DVD from Legacy. Cohen played songs from his first two albums, debuted a few, recited poems, and told stories. The CD captures the entire performance in nearly pristine sound. The hits (of the time) are here, the banter is here, and the entire performance by the band is so special it will leave the listener utterly satisfied. Whether it's "So Long Marianne," the poem "They Locked Up a Man," the stellar reading of "The Partisan," or the chilling version of "Famous Blue Raincoat," this is top-notch Cohen. The DVD is imperfect but is still essential viewing artistically and historically.
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Leonard Cohen
- Date Released
- 2011-08-01 00:00:00
No reviews yet.