Love Letter - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 650
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Contemporary R&B
- Mono / Stereo
- Copy Control
- R. Kelly
- Love Letter
Recording information: The Chocolate Factory, Chicago, IL.
Photographer: Randee St. Nicholas.
Arranger: R. Kelly.
Previewed via the classy throwback ballad "When a Woman Loves," an instant R&B chart hit, Love Letter follows R. Kelly's Epic compilation by only a couple months. Like "Loves," much of Love Letter -- technically Kelly's 11th studio album -- is inspired by R&B of the '50s and '60s.
- Country of Origin
- Jive (USA)
- Studio / Live
- R. Kelly
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Love Letter Prelude
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Love Letter
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Number One Hit
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Not Feelin' the Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Lost in Your Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Just Can't Get Enough
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Taxi Cab
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Radio Message
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] When a Woman Loves
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Love Is
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Just Like That
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Music Must Be a Lady
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Love Letter Christmas, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] How Do I Tell Her?
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] [Untitled Hidden Track]
- Sony Music Distribution (
Rolling Stone - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[O]n 'When a Woman Loves,' a retro-soul ode to fidelity, Kelly's gritty intensity evokes Wilson Pickett."
Entertainment Weekly (p.80) - "LETTER is a refreshingly tasteful foray into classic soul..." -- Grade: B
Billboard (p.72) - "LOVE LETTER is a relatively chaste retro-soul set....Given Kelly's absurdly effortless melodic flair, the result certainly satisfies."
Pitchfork (Website) - "The music itself, a gorgeously rendered tribute to a certain swathe of R&B history, is praiseworthy enough, as is Kelly's frequently ignored voice."
Uncut (magazine) (p.84) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[W]ell-written R&B ballads which pay tribute to his soul heroes, best of all being the Stevie Wonder-ish 'Just Can't Get Enough'."
- 60m 12s
- Video Disabled
JACOB, South Africa. 15 March 2011
This was uncle R Kelly doing what he does best. A great selection of melodies with a lot of heart. I was not so keen on the micheal jackson tribute song though, it made him sound like he was trying to emulate mj and it just doesn't suit R. All in all, one of his best cd's from a master of his art.