Macfarlane, Seth - Music Is Better Than Words (CD)
Discovery Miles 850
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Show Vocals
- Number of Items
- Music Is Better Than Words
- Country of Origin
JazzTimes (p.59) - "Adding significantly to the album's sparkling appeal are MacFarlane's ingenious song choices, many augmented with seldom-recorded choruses."
Billboard (p.44) - "MacFarlane offers charming renditions of such vocal-jazz standards as 'You're the Cream in My Coffee'..."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] It's Anybody's Spring
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Music Is Better Than Words
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Anytime, Anywhere
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Night They Invented Champagne, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Two Sleepy People - (featuring Norah Jones)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] You're the Cream in My Coffee
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Something Good
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Nine O'Clock
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Love Won't Let You Get Away - (featuring Sara Bareilles)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] It's Easy to Remember
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Sadder But Wiser Girl, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Laura
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] You and I
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] She's Wonderful Too
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 17 October 2011
- 51m 35s
- South Africa
Personnel: Larry Koonse (guitar); Jo Ann Turovsky (harp); Joel Pargman, Lorenz Gamma, Alyssa Park, Henry Gronnier, Helen Nightengale, Phillip Levy, Julia Ann Gigante, Tamara Hatwan, Mark Robertson , Josefina Vergara, Julie Rogers, Cheryl Norman-Brick, Sid Page, Richard Altenbach, Roberto Cani, Bruce Dukov, Clayton Haslop, Roger Wilkie, Endre Granat, Tereza Stanislav (violin); Victoria Miskolczy, Marlow Fisher, Robert Brophy, Brian Dembow, Michael Nowak , Dave Walther (viola); Stephen Kujala, Geraldine Rotella (flute); David Weiss (oboe); Kenneth Munday (bassoon); Daniel Higgins, Brian Scanlon (alto saxophone); Bill Listen, Pete Christlieb (tenor saxophone); Greg Huckins (baritone saxophone); Warren Luening, Wayne Bergeron, Bob Summers, Charles Findley (trumpet); Steven Holtman, Alexander Iles, Andrew Martin , William Reichenbach (trombone); Daniel Kelley, James Thatcher, Dave Everson (horns); Alan Broadbent (piano); Peter Erskine (drums); Alan Estes, Wade Culbreath (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Rich Breen .
Liner Note Authors: Joel McNeely; Seth MacFarlane.
Recording information: Avatar Studios, NYC (12/10/2010-12/13/2010); Capitol Studios A&B, Hollywood, CA (12/10/2010-12/13/2010).
Illustrator: Matthew Joseph Peak.
Photographer: Autumn de Wilde.
Arrangers: Joel McNeely; Gary Lindsay.
Watch an episode or two and you could probably guess that Family Guy's creator Seth MacFarlane is a big fan of show tunes and standards, but even the man's most fervent fans are going to be surprised by this one. Music Is Better Than Words finds Seth delivering a set of songs even your grandmother would cherish, all in front of a full orchestra with high-caliber guests like Norah Jones and Sara Bareilles lending a hand.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Seth MacFarlane
- Joel McNeely
- Universal Distribution
- Frank Filipetti; Rich Breen
No reviews yet.