Make You Sweat:the Best of Keith Swea - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 750
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- The The Best of Keith Sweat: Make You Sweat
- Studio / Live
Personnel: Keith Sweat, LSG, Jacci McGhee (vocals); Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J (rap vocals); Bobby Wooten, Fitzgerald Scott, Darryl Allamby (various instruments); Keith Robinson (guitar); Teddy Riley (keyboards, programming, background vocals); Alex Bugnon (vocodor); Gary Dow (bass); Poogie Bell (programming); Kut Klose (background vocals).
Producers include: Keith Sweat, Fitzgerald Scott, Bobby Wooten, Eric McCaine, Teddy Riley.
Compilation producer: Barry Benson.
Recorded between 1987 & 1997. Includes liner notes by Tracey Helen New.
Personnel: Keith Sweat (vocals, drum programming); Gerald Levert, Johnny Gill (vocals); LL Cool J (rap vocals); Keith Robinson (guitar); Fitzgerald Scott (keyboards, drum programming, background vocals); Fred McFarlane, Eric McCaine, Bobby Wooten (keyboards, drum programming); Clifford Branch (keyboards, background vocals); Allen "Grip" Smith, John Adams , Bobby Douglas (keyboards); Artie Reynolds (bass synthesizer); Darrell "Delite" Allamby (vocoder, background vocals); Alex Bugnon (vocoder); Gary Dow, Karl Heilbron (bass guitar); Charles "Poogie" Bell, Jr. (drum programming); Curtis Jefferson, Thomas Walter Hilton, Rahiem LeBlanc, George Heylinger, Jenny Douglas, Jacci McGhee, Jeff Neiblum, Lincoln Browder, Kut Klose, Alton "Wokie" Stewart, Antoinette Roberson, Steve Russell, Vivian Sessoms (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Scott Levitin.
Liner Note Author: Tracey Helen New.
Photographers: Joe Major; George Campos; Ron Wolfson; Laura Levine.
Singer/songwriter Keith Sweat struck gold, platinum actually, right out of the gate with the multi-million-selling MAKE IT LAST FOREVER, an electric debut that spawned four top-10 R&B hits, one of which crossed over to the top-10 pop charts. That record was one of the earliest successes of producer Teddy Riley and his trademark hip-hop/soul hybrid, the new jack swing sound. However, his accomplishment owed as much to Sweat's smoothly sensual vocal style, exemplified on the huge breakout hit "I Want Her," a wonderfully funky song that featured Sweat's elastic voice alternating from a Teddy Pendergrass growl to a Freddie Jackson croon.
Over the following decade and a half, Sweat managed to remain remarkably durable, consistently scoring hits amidst a sea of R&B fly-by-nights, thanks to that powerful and agile voice, which never betrays even a hint of insincerity. MAKE YOU SWEAT captures snapshots of Sweat's career at different stages, from the sweet old-school soul of "Nobody" to the infectiously danceable "Make You Sweat" to the sly gangsta slow jam of "Come and Get with Me." The collection ends with a treat, a previously hard-to-find remix of tender ballad "Make It Last Forever, concisely summing up the career of a remarkably consistent R&B talent.
- WEA (Distributor)
- Keith Sweat
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Don't Stop Your Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Want Her
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Make It Last Forever
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Nobody - (radio edit)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] How Deep Is Your Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Right and a Wrong Way
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Something Just Ain't Right
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Get Up on It
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] (There You Go) Tellin' Me No Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Merry Go Round
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Twisted
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] My Body
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Why Me Baby?
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] I'll Give All My Love to You
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Come and Get with Me - (featuring Snoop Dogg)
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Make You Sweat
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Make It Last Forever - (extended version)
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.