MakerBot Flexible Filament
List Price R 3,359
Discovery Miles 29 850
On Credit: R / month
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
MakerBot 1.75mm Flexible Filament (1 kg)
The 1.75mm Flexible PLA Filament from MakerBot flows and melts at significantly lower temperatures than the MakerBot PLA Filament. To avoid problems with the filament melting outside the extruder nozzle, it's important to load and unload the MakerBot Flexible Filament at a lower temperature.
With the Flexible Filament, you can modify the your prints by carefully heating them in hot water until they become translucent. The time this takes will depend on the density of the print. You can then reshape and mold them.
Slice your design file in MakerWare 2.3 using the MakerBot Flexible Filament material profile. To take full advantage of the Flexible Filament's properties, print it with 10 Percent infill or less. Also, the MakerBot Flexible Filament adheres well to acrylic, but not to painter's tape and glass.
The MakerBot Flexible Filament is comprehensively quality tested at both 100- micron and 200- micron layer resolutions on the MakerBot Replicator 2 to verify that the filament will perform every feature that the MakerBot MakerWare software offers and reliably slice and print every type of 3D printing available.
To ensure high filament quality and performance, store the MakerBot Flexible Filament in a cool, dry place when not in use. This is because the MakerBot Flexible Filament will absorb moisture from the air if exposed to humidity for long periods of time. Also, your build- plate must be level, clean, and oil- free to ensure the highest quality 3D printing. It is also recommended that you use the MakerBot Flexible Filament and your MakerBot 3D Printer in a well- ventilated area.
Important Steps When Switching Filament Types:
From MakerBot PLA Filament to MakerBot Flexible Filament:
- Follow the normal "Change Filament" procedure to load the MakerBot Flexible Filament. To prevent overheating of the MakerBot Flexible Filament inside the extruder, stop the procedure as soon as the previous MakerBot PLA Filament is no longer present.
From MakerBot Flexible Filament to MakerBot PLA Filament:
- Using the MakerBot Replicator 2 display console, reduce the "Change Filament" target temperature to 120 Degrees C and unload the MakerBot Flexible Filament. Then, to load MakerBot PLA Filament, increase the temperature to 230 Degrees C and load the filament.
- Any time the MakerBot Flexible Filament is loaded or unloaded and there isn't any prior MakerBot PLA Filament to be purged, you must set the "Change Filament" temperature to 120 Degrees C.
- Type: Flexible
- Compatible Printers: MakerBot Replicator 2
- Glass Temperature: 140 Degrees F/60 Degrees C
- Melting Temperature: 136.4 - 140.0 Degrees F/50.0 - 60.0 Degrees C
- Nozzle Temperature: 212 Degrees F/100 Degrees C
- Spool Diameter: 8.00"/20.32 cm
- Spool Width: 3.00"/7.62 cm
- Spool Hub Hole: 2.00"/5.08 cm
- Diameter :0.068"/0.175 cm
- 2.2 lbs/1 kg
Whatâ??s in the box:
- MakerBot 1.75mm Flexible Filament (1 kg)
No reviews yet.