MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
Discovery Miles 530 490
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
The Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer from MakerBot provides access to experimental, dual- extrusion 3D printing. With precisely aligned dual nozzles, the Replicator 2X allows you to add another level of creativity to your 3D models with the ability to print in one or two colors. MakerBot also provides updates to their MakerBot software in order to make it easier to generate dual- extrusion prints. Firmware improvements will also help reduce filament reversal, retraction, and over- run, which means there will be more definition between colors.
The extruder has an easy- load filament lever, while the redesigned filament feeding system dramatically reduces stripping, skipping, and jamming. The constant filament feeding system has no parts that wear out or need adjustment.
The Replicator 2X provides a 100- micron layer resolution for high- quality 3D prints that require little to no sanding or post- production. The Replicator 2X also connects to your computer via a USB cable or a Secure Digital memory card. In conjunction with MakerBot MakerWare software, you'll be able to quickly and efficiently print your 3D models with ease, thanks to the user- friendly interface and intuitive icons and menus.
Built with an industrial- strength, powder- coated steel frame, the Replicator 2X can handle high print speeds. The wear- resistant, oil- infused bronze bearings require less maintenance for added convenience. The 3- point leveling system allows you to adjust the build platform with precision.
The Replicator 2X also has a six- sided enclosure for stabilized ABS cooling. The enclosed sides block drafts and stabilize the ABS cooling period for less cracking and peeling on your 3D prints. The magnetic lid snaps on and off while the magnetic latches keep children's hands away from the hot components. While your 3D model may be enclosed, the clear- view top and sides allow you to monitor the progress of your 3D print. The friction- hinge door stays where you put it for easy print retrieval. The thermal core design stabilizes the internal temperature for more reliable prints, leading to less maintenance and more uptime.
Heated, Black Anodized Aluminum Build Plate:
- The Replicator 2X has a high- tolerance aluminum build plate machined as a leveled platform. The leveled platform helps minimize warping or sagging that can affect the quality of the 3D print. The build plate is also anodized for added durability. Surface tape comes cut- to- size for smooth and hassle- free application, while better temperature control keeps the build plate heated precisely and evenly throughout.
Easy- Load Extruder:
- The extruder features an easy- load filament lever. The redesigned filament feeding system reduces stripping, skipping, and jamming. The constant force filament feeding system has no parts that wear out or need adjustment.
Dual Extrusion 3D Printing:
- The Replicator 2X has dual nozzles that can print in one or two colors, allowing you to create 3D models with interlacing colors. To take better advantage of dual extrusion, MakerBot added updates to their MakerWare software in order to make it easier to generate dual- extrusion prints. Firmware improvements reduce filament reversal, retraction, and over- run, meaning there's more definition between colors.
Six- Sided Enclosure for Stabilized ABS Cooling:
- With enclosed sides that block drafts and stabilize the ABS cooling period, your 3D prints will have less cracking and peeling. The magnetic lid snaps on and off for easy access, while the clear- view top and sides let you monitor the progress of your 3D print. The friction- hinge door stays where you put it for easy print retrieval. The magnetic latches prevent children from accessing the hot components while in use.
100- Micron Layer Resolution:
- The Replicator 2X provides additive manufacturing at 100- micron layer resolution for high- quality 3D prints. The high resolution 3D models are so smooth they require little to no sanding or post- production. It also has wear- resistant, oil- infused bronze bearings for less maintenance since they do not have to be washed, dissolved, scrubbed, or taped. The 3- point leveling system adjusts the build platform more precisely than the previous model, and stays level longer. Using MakerBot MakerWare software, you may be able to experiment with layer height resolutions finer than 100 microns.
MakerBot MakerWare Software:
- With the MakerWare software, the Replicator 2X can prepare models for printing up to 20 times faster, thanks to the MakerBot slicing engine. Just drag and drop multiple models right onto the virtual build space and then print them all at once. MakerWare also supports .stl and .obj files, which are also supported by a majority of third- party design software. MakerWare also supports the .thing file format, which can save multi- part projects into one file. MakerWare has user- friendly interface with intuitive icons and controls.
Responsive, Expert Customer Support:
- MakerBot provides informative online tech support six days a week (Mon- Sat, 9AM - 6PM ET). There are also reference videos, tutorials, and thorough documentations available on the MakerBot website.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Build Volume: 9.7 x 6.0 x 6.1"/24.6 x 15.2 x 15.5 cm
- Layer Resolution: High: 100 microns (0.0039")
- Filament Diameter: 0.069"/1.75 mm
- Filament Compatibility: MakerBot ABS Filament (1 kg spool)
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns (0.0004")- Z: 2.5 microns (0.0001")
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.015"/0.4 mm
- Bundle Software: MakerBot MakerWare
- File Types Supported: .stl, .obj, .thing
Operating Systems :
- Windows: 7 and later
- Mac: OS X 10.6 and later
- Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 and later
- Connectivity: USB, SD card
- Temperature: Ambient Operating: 60 - 90 Degrees F/15 - 32 Degrees C
- Storage: 32 - 90 Degrees F/0 - 32 Degrees C
- Input: 100 - 240 V, ~4 amps, 50 - 60 Hz
- Output: 24 VDC at 9.2 amps
- Chassis: Powder- coated steel
- Body: PVC panels
- Build Platform: Heated, black anodized 356F aluminum
- XYZ Bearings: Wear- resistant, oil- infused bronze
- Stepper Motors: 1.8 Degrees step angle with 1/16 micro- stepping
- Without Spool: 19.1 x 12.8 x 20.9"/49.0 x 32.0 x 53.1 cm
- With Spool: 19.1 x 16.5 x 20.9"/49.0 x 42.0 x 53.1 cm
- 27.8 lbs/12.6 kg
Whatâ??s in the box:
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
- SD Card
- 2 x Spool Holders
- Handle and Bolts
- 4 x Hex Wrenches
- USB A- to- B Cable
- PTFE- Based Grease
- 3 x Kapton Tape Sheets
- 2 x Filament Guide Tubes
- Power Supply and Cable
- MakerBot Tape Applicator
- MakerBot ABS Filament (1- Pound Spool)
USE OF NON-MAKERBOT FILAMENT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY OF THIS PRODUCT
No reviews yet.