Manne;shelly & His Friends - My Fair Lady (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 090
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Show Vocals
- Number of Items
- My Fair Lady
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Original Jazz Classi
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Audio clip
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Audio clip
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Get Me to the Church on Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] On the Street Where You Live
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Wouldn't It Be Loverly?
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Ascot Gavotte
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Show Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] With a Little Bit of Luck
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Could Have Danced All Night
- Release Date
- 6 February 2008
- South Africa
Music composed by Frederick Loewe. Lyrics written by Alan Jay Lerner.
Personnel: Shelly Manne (drums); Andre Previn (piano); Leroy Vinnegar (bass).
Recorded at Contemporary's Studio, Los Angeles, California on August 17, 1956. Originally released on Contemporary (7527). Includes liner notes by Lester Koenig.
Digitally remastered by JVC using XRCD (Extended Resolution Compact Disc) technology.
Personnel: Shelly Manne (drums); Andr‚ Previn (piano).
Audio Remasterer: Steve Hoffman.
Liner Note Author: Lester Koenig.
Recording information: Comtemporary Studio, Los Angeles, CA (08/17/1956); Contemporary's Studio, L.A., CA (08/17/1956).
Photographer: Phil March.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Leroy Vinnegar; Andr‚ Previn .
This trio set by Shelly Manne & His Friends (consisting of the drummer/leader, pianist Andr‚ Previn, and bassist Leroy Vinnegar) was a surprise best-seller and is now considered a classic. Previn (who is really the main voice) leads the group through eight themes from the famous play, including "Get Me to the Church on Time," "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face," "I Could Have Danced All Night," and "On the Street Where You Live." A very appealing set that is easily recommended; an audiophile version has also been released on CD by DCC Jazz. ~ Scott Yanow
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Shelly Manne
- Lester Loenig; Lester Koenig
- 35m 38s
- Roy DuNann
No reviews yet.