Many More Sing Along Symphonies - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 110
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Richard Perlmutter; Ted Lobinger; Richard Perlmutter; Ted Lobinger
- Beethoven's Wig, Vol. 3: Many More Sing-Along Symphonies
Lyricist: Richard Perlmutter.
Personnel: Richard Perlmutter (vocals, whistling); Michael A. Perlmutter (vocals); Elin Carlson (soprano); Jonathan Mack (tenor, whistling); Mike Geiger (bass voice); Amy Wilkins (harp); Maria Kliegel (cello); Alain Trudel (trombone); Michael Thompson (horns); Mark Gasbarro (piano); Alan Cuckston (harpsichord); Wolfgang Rubsam (organ).
Audio Mixer: Ted Lobinger.
Recording information: The Village Recorders, Santa Monica, CA.
Directors: Michael Thompson ; Alain Trudel .
Ensemble: Bournemouth Sinfonietta.
Arranger: Mike Geiger.
Composer Richard Perlmutter's BEETHOVEN'S WIG children's classical music series features humorous singalong lyrics to well-known classical pieces, from Grieg's "Peer Gynt" to Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody." Perlmutter is the latest practitioner of a genre popularized by Spike Jones, whose hilarious takes on the "William Tell Overture," "The Nutcracker Suite," and PAGLIACCI, among other works, are now classics in their own right. BEETHOVEN'S WIG 3 includes wacky lyrics set to the music of such pieces as Strauss's "Also Sprach Zarathustra," Saint Saens's "Carnival of the Animals," and Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite."
- Country of Origin
- Rounder Select
- Studio / Live
- Beethoven's Wig
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Bull in a China Shop (after Bizet's Toreador Song from Carmen)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Chap in a Cap (after Mozart's Horn Concerto No. 4 in E flat major)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Play My Song (after Beethoven's Work for Mandolin)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Manly Man, A (after Saint-Sa‰ns' Elephant from Carnival of the Animals)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Whistling Happily (after Rossini's William Tell Overture)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Where oh Where (after Gounod's Funeral March of a Marionette)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Silver Winds (after Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Reed Flutes from the Nutcracker Suite)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] They're There (after Dukas' The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Here Lies Homer Jones (after Saint-Sa‰ns' Fossils from Carnival of the Animals)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] How to Succeed as Royalty (after Couperin's The Trophy from 4th Book of Harpsichord Pieces)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] King Henry (after Telemann's Recorder Concerto in C major)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Sawdust (after Bach's Gavotte from Cello Suite No. 6 in D major)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Ramona (after Michael Haydn's Minuet & Trio from Concerto in D Major)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] When the Angels Play (after Handel's Harp Concerto in B flat)
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Anybody in There? (after Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor)
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Take Me to Your Leader (after Richard Strauss' Also sprach Zarathustra)
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Carmen, opera: Toreador Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Horn Concerto No. 4 in E flat major, K. 495: Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Sonatina for mandolin & piano in C major, WoO 44/1
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Carnival of the Animals, zoological fantasy for 2 pianos & ensemble: Elephant
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Overture to Guillaume Tell (William Tell): Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] Funeral March of a Marionette, for piano or orchestra in D minor
- [ Disc 01 Track 23 ] Nutcracker, suite from the ballet, Op. 71a: Dance of the Reed Flutes
- [ Disc 01 Track 24 ] Sorcerer's Apprentice, The (L'apprenti sorcier), symphonic scherzo for orchestra: Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 25 ] Carnival of the Animals, zoological fantasy for 2 pianos & ensemble: Fossils (Excerpt)
- [ Disc 01 Track 26 ] Troph‚e, for harpsichord, Le (PiŠces de clavecin, IV, 22e ordre): Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 27 ] Concerto for recorder, strings & continuo in C major, TWV 51:C1: Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 28 ] Suite for solo cello No. 6 in D major, BWV 1012: Gavotte (Excerpt)
- [ Disc 01 Track 29 ] Trombone Concerto in D major (extracted from Divertimento, MH 68): Minuet / Trio (Excerpt)
- [ Disc 01 Track 30 ] Harp Concerto in B flat major, Op.4/6, HWV 294: Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 31 ] Toccata and Fugue, for organ in D minor, BWV 565 (BC J37): Excerpt
- [ Disc 01 Track 32 ] Also sprach Zarathustra (Thus Spoke Zoroaster), tone poem for orchestra, Op. 30 (TrV 176): Opening
- Universal Distribution
- 32m 55s
- Video Disabled
- Ted Lobinger; Jason Wormer
No reviews yet.