Marcelo Alvarez - Sings Gardel (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 120
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Number of Items
- Sings Gardel
- Country of Origin
- Sony Classical
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Tomo Y Obligo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Tomo y Obligo
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Soledad
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] D¡a Que Me Quieras, El
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Por Una Cabeza
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Volver
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Mano a Mano
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Cuesta Abajo
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Golondrinas
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Melodia de Arrabal
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Caminito
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Volvi¢ una Noche
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Cumparsita, La
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Mi Buenos Aires Querido
- Release Date
- 1 January 2001
Selections recorded at Auditorio Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina and El Pie Studios, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Personnel: Marcelo Alvarez (tenor); Diego S nchez (cello); N‚stor Marconi (bandoneon); Pablo Ziegler (piano).
Audio Mixers: Mauricio Guerrero; Jorge Calandrelli.
Recording information: Auditorio Belgrano (04/14/1999-04/20/1999); El Pie Studios, Buenos Aires, Argentina (04/14/1999-04/20/1999).
Arranger: Jorge Calandrelli.
At a time when Latin pop heartthrobs are big in the music business, with stars like Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony, it's rather remarkable to come across a singer celebrating the work of a tango crooner who died nearly 60 years ago. Alvarez's dramatic tenor is suitably strong and passionate throughout. Unfortunately, the producers fall in the rather morbid trap of setting up a duet between Alvarez and Gardel using a recording of "Mi Buenos Aires Querido" from 1934, which sounds particularly forced here. Other than that, this is a moving labor of love by a very gifted singer. ~ Tim Sheridan
- Date Released
- 1999-01-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Video Disabled
- Marcelo Alvarez (Tenor Vocal)
- Jorge Calandrelli
- 50m 0s
- Jorge Da Silva
No reviews yet.