Maria Muldaur - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 690
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Maria Muldaur
Personnel includes: Maria Muldaur (vocals); Andrew Gold (guitar); Richard Greene (violin); David Nichtern (acoustic guitar); Bill Keith (banjo); Mac Rebennack (piano); Freebo, Chris Ethridge, Klaus Voorman (bass); Ray Brown, Dave Holland (acoustic bass); Ed Shaughnessy (drums); Jim Gordon (drums, organ, clarinet).
Additional producer: David Nichtern.
Personnel: Maria Muldaur (vocals, background vocals); Amos Garrett (vocals, guitar, electric guitar); Greg Prestopino (vocals, piano, keyboards, background vocals); Ellen Kearney, Karen Alexander , Bettye LaVette, Gloria Jones, Jessica Smith (vocals, background vocals); David Nichtern (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Clarence White, Andrew Gold, Ry Cooder (guitar, acoustic guitar); David Lindley, David Lynley (guitar); Mac Rebennack (electric guitar, alto horn, piano); Bill Keith (steel guitar, banjo); David Grisman (mandolin); Larry Packer (violin, viola); Richard Greene & Beryl Marriott, Richard Greene (violin); Nick DeCaro (accordion); Jim Gordon (clarinet, horns, organ, keyboards, drums); James Gordon (clarinet, organ); Jerry Jumonville, Artie Butler (alto horn); Mark T. Jordan, Jim Dickinson, Spooner Oldham (piano, keyboards); Dr. John (keyboards); Chris Parker , John Bourdreaux, Jim Keltner, Ed Shaughnessy, John Boudreaux (drums); Betty Lavatte (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Lee Herschberg.
Illustrators: Michael Wood; Booty Wood.
Photographer: Ginny Winn.
Maria Muldaur's self-titled debut record instantly established Muldaur as a major talent and began a career-long melding of American musical styles. Fun, cheerful, and full of the sheer love of playing music, MARIA MULDAUR uses bits of country, pop, blues, rock & roll, jug band, early jazz, and all other manner of roots music to create what could be called one of the first true Americana albums. The record also produced the New York-born vocalist's biggest hit, the sultry Top 10 single, "Midnight at the Oasis," which features the languid, spine-tingling guitar work of the great Amos Garrett. A landmark album in both Muldaur's career and the 1970's music scene, MARIA MULDAUR is that rare combination of brilliant interpreter matched with top-notch tunes and sympathetic sidemen.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Maria Muldaur
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Any Old Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Midnight at the Oasis
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] My Tennessee Mountain Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Never Did Sing You a Love Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Work Song, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Don't You Make Me High (Don't You Feel My Leg)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Walkin' One and Only
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Long Hard Climb
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Three Dollar Bill
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Vaudeville Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Mad Mad Me
- WEA (Distributor)
- Q (12/93, p.140) - 4 Stars - Excellent - "...[MARIA MULDAUR] inhabits similar territory to the '70s albums of Ry Cooder--unself- conscientously examining the roots of Americana, rock 'n' roll, blues, country and jazz..."
- 36m 38s
- Video Disabled
- Donn Landee; Lee Herschberg
No reviews yet.