Midnight Oil - Collection: 20000 Watt Rsl (CD)
List Price R 112
Discovery Miles 1 060
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Items
- 20,000 Watt R.S.L.: Greatest Hits
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
Entertainment Weekly (12/12/97, p.91) - "...Eccentric surf jangles and stomp beats derived from aboriginal folk music add up to a forward motion more convincing in its resolute righteousness than U2, if not quite the Clash."
- Rating: A-
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] What Goes On
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Power And The Passion
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Dreamworld
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] White Skin Black Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Kosciuszko
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] The Dead Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Blue Sky Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] US Forces
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Beds Are Burning
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] One Country
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Best Of Both Worlds
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Truganini
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] King Of The Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Hercules
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Surf's Up Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Back On The Borderline
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Don't Wanna Be The One
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Forgotten Years
- Pop / Rock
Midnight Oil includes: Peter Garrett, Jim Moginie, Rob Hirst.
Producers include: Midnight Oil, Magoo, Nick Launay, Warne Livesay, Glyn Johns.
Includes liner notes by Tim Winton.
Since its 1978 debut, Midnight Oil has poured its passion for left-wing causes into an impressive canon that combines intelligent lyrics with hook-laden choruses and slashing rhythms. 20,000 WATT R.SL. simultaneously looks to the past and forward, including two newer songs from the forthcoming REDNECK WONDERLAND. Though the band's geographical references tend to be Aussie-centric, the injustices the Oils decry, ranging from the mistreatment of native people and culture ("Beds Are Burning") to the greed of corporations ("Blue Sky Mine"), are universal. Guitarists Jim Moginie and Martin Rotsey rage throughout with Garrett's voice leading the charge on "Best Of Both Worlds," occasionally slowing up enough to warble on harmonica ("Truganini"). Clinging to the ideological and musical tenets of punk, 20,000 WATT R.S.L. is a primer for the only band that continues to matter in these regards.
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Midnight Oil
- Date Released
- 2007-05-01 00:00:00
No reviews yet.