Montrose - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 070
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Montrose; Ted Templeman
After leaving the Edgar Winter Group in the early 70s, guitarist Ronnie Montrose immediately put together Montrose--a hard-rocking quartet comparable to Led Zeppelin. Over the years, the band's 1974 self-titled album has come to be seen as one of rock's greatest debuts.
But while numerous bands such as Motley Crue, Van Halen etc., praised the album, it never sold in any quantity, instead becoming one of rock's great overlooked cult items. An incredibly consistent album, MONTROSE serves as the recording debut for a young singer by the name of Sammy Hagar, and contains numerous highlights--"Bad Motor Scooter," "Rock Candy," and "Space Station #5" being tops.
- Country of Origin
- Warner Bros.
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Rock the Nation
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Bad Motor Scooter
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Space Station #5
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Don't Want It
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Good Rockin' Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Rock Candy
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] One Thing on My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Make It Last
- WEA (Distributor)
- Record Collector (magazine) (p.89) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] milestone in melodic hard rock....'One Thing On My Mind' is as sweet as the California sun, and 'Make It Last' closes in style."
- 32m 23s
- Donn Landee
No reviews yet.