Morgan Lee - Sidewinder - Remastered (CD)
Discovery Miles 680
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Jazz Instrument
- Number of Items
- Sidewinder - Remastered
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Blue Note
- EMI Music Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Q (4/99, p.129) - Included in Q's list of "The Best Jazz Albums of All Time."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] THE SIDEWINDER
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] TOTEM POLE
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] GARY'S NOTEBOOK
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] BOY, WHAT A NIGHT
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] HOCUS-POCUS
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] TOTEM POLE (ALTERNATE TAKE)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Sidewinder, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Totem Pole
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Gary's Notebook
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Boy, What a Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Hocus Pocus
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Totem Pole - (alternate take, bonus track)
- Release Date
- 30 October 2000
The Rudy Van Gelder Edition of THE SIDEWINDER includes an essay by Bob Blumenthal.
Personnel: Lee Morgan (trumpet); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Barry Harris (piano); Bob Cranshaw (bass); Billy Higgins (drums).
Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on December 21, 1963. Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather.
This is part of the Blue Note Rudy Van Gelder Editions series.
Simple and direct and somewhat of a runt album in the history of jazz. The solo on Art Blakey's recording of Bobby Timmons' 'Moanin' is by Morgan, as is that on 'A Night In Tunisia'. By the time he came to record this album he had simplified his style, which appealed to the soul/jazz lovers of the 60s. To use the ultimate cliche, this is groovin' music; it rolls, it bops, it makes you feel good and its success is that it is refreshingly uncomplicated.
- Date Released
- 2012-05-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Lee Morgan (Trumpet)
- Alfred Lion
- 50m 23s
- Rudy VanGelder
No reviews yet.