Mtv Unplugged Nyc 1997 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 980
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds
- MTV Unplugged NYC 1997
Personnel: Babyface, Beverly Crowder, Shanice Wilson, Stevie Wonder, Kevon Edmonds, Melvin Edmonds, Marc Nelson, Lynne Linsey, K-Ci, Jojo (vocals); Reggie Griffin (guitar, keyboards, saxophone); Eric Clapton, Michael Thompson (guitar); Wayne Linsey, Tim Carmon, Bo Watson (keyboards); Nathan East (bass); Ricky Lawson (drums); Sheila E. (percussion).
Recorded live on September 25, 1997.
"How Come, How Long" was nominated for the 1999 Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals.
As one of the hottest songwriter/producers of the nineties, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds has worked with such disparate artists as Whitney Houston, Boyz II Men and Eric Clapton, and is the owner of too many awards to count. He is also the co-founder of LaFace Records, home of Toni Braxton and TLC. But, fortunately for his fans, he can't be kept away from the stage, and the MTV Unplugged series provides the perfect venue for his work.
In addition to his behind-the-scenes talents, Babyface has all the tools necessary to be a captivating stage performer. His voice is silky smooth and is capable of leaping from a low, sexy whisper to a supple falsetto in the space of two notes, and he's a gifted guitarist and pianist. Joining him on this occasion is a veritable who's-who of performers who have found success interpreting his songs. Eric Clapton joins him for an upbeat version of "Change The World" and the down home "Talk To Me." Shanice Wilson, K-Ci & JoJo also drop by to sing a tune or two.
- Country of Origin
- Epic (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Change the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Talk to Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Whip Appeal
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Breathe Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Exhale (Shoop Shoop)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I'll Make Love to You
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] End of the Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Care About You
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Day, The (That You Gave Me a Son)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Gone Too Soon
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] How Come, How Long
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Jon Gass
No reviews yet.