MyGica ATV585 Quad Core Android Media Player
List Price R 1,499
Discovery Miles 10 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
The affordable yet powerful MyGica ATV 585 boasts ample power along with built in hardware video decoding to stream content up to 50% faster than previously possible. Surf the net using WiFi, use SNS apps to chat with your friends or just sit back and savor the latest on-line movies and music with your family. It's all here, neatly wrapped inside one little box.
- Operating System: Android 4.4 Kitkat
- System Processor: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A5 up to 1.5GHz
- Graphics Processor: Quad-core ARM Mali-450
- Video Resolution: 1080p(60fps), 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576p, 576i, 486p, 486i
- Video Playback Codec: MPEG 1/2/4, H.265, H.264, VC-1, WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV
- System Memory: 1 GB DDR3 RAM
- Internal Media Storage: 8 GB eMMC embedded MultiMediaCard
- Video Interface: 1 x HDMI 1.4
- Alternate Audio Video Interface: 3.5mm Mini Jack
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Neil, South Africa. 8 July 2016
Returning this item as its wifi is just way too slow. Sitting next to the TV with my laptop, Netflix works perfectly on my laptop but won't even load the listing pages on the device. Basically nothing that uses the internet works properly. Play Store doesn't load.
The remote is really bad. It's unresponsive - often when typing something you have to retype a letter because you didn't force the key down hard enough. You should be good if you have wireless keyboard/mouse.
Otherwise, it's an android device so if you like android and use android apps then your TV will be like a big tablet.
wayne, South Africa. 20 June 2016
I wanted a media player that included a remote with a mouse. This remote is rubbish. You are better off installing the remote app on your phone.
Secondly this unit did not want to read any of my external storage devices, not USB 2 or 3. I was supposed to be able to play media directly from my PC, again - I wasn't able to do that.
Lastly this unit freezes whenever it feels like it, when you open apps, in the middle of a youtube video, it even froze when I gave it a funny look. You can't restart it with the remote. I had to lift my lazy behind off the couch to pull the cable out every time.
The one good thing about this media player is that it comes installed with Kodi, not that it did much good as I couldn't test how well it worked (see crashing issues above).
I wish I could give it a negative rating.
Azhar, South Africa. 25 July 2016
Interface terrible. When using netflix, episode list for series is cut-off and dificulty in selecting different seasons for series. Would not recommend this
Nicholas, South Africa. 10 June 2016
This is my first android device to date, I am still getting my head around it but here are my findings so far.
* Very small device, boot speed is almost instant once setup!
* Kodi media player application is pre-installed (taken over from XBMC) +many add-on's available for it.
* Netflix is also pre-installed and works well, you just need to update the Google Play Service before using it.
* Many free steaming application available on the play store including ones that allow you to watch BBC and ITV channels from the UK.
* Plays full 1080p HD with no issues and very fast load times, this even when jumping from one large video file to another - Many other small media devices like this can only play 720p
* You can tinker with the video and audio settings while the video is playing as well as the sound sync'ing forward and backwards
* Adobe Flash player is not supported on this device (even within Chrome, Dolphin or a force install)
* Mouse toggle joystick would have been great but instead you have to use the directional arrows which is a pain!
* Navigation on large pages is frustrating and you end up toggling between mouse and arrow button modes and or page up and page down buttons on the flip side of the remote.
* Only 2 USB ports and one is already used up by the dongle you need to use the remote control.
* Aerial could have been built into the device
* Super sport application doesn't work from application or browsers due to the need for adobe flash player which cannot be installed (this was the main reason I bought the device)
* Remote feels cheaply made and not sure how long it will last
Keeping it in the end because of Kodi (amazing program!) and netflix
Need to still try a wifi keyboard and mouse if that is even supported not sure.
Ian, South Africa. 21 November 2016
It works with some effort though, but unfortunately there are a few things that dont work like it should.
In the Youtube app, you cannot scroll down, you need a mouse or different remote, this happens in a few apps actually.
You cannot close apps fully like you can on a android phone, maybe I am missing something here or just cant figure out how to do it.
I have had a freeze on me 2 times already in a 7 day period.
But all in all, I can at least stream movies and music on my TV in our bedroom now.
Our TV room TV is a LG smart TV, the build in wifi and smart functions work flawlessly and maybe I am setting the benchmark to high for the Mygica device on my non smart TV in our bedroom.
Great concept, but it needs some work, hopefully in the future they will have an update that fixes a few bugs.
Jojo, South Africa. 27 October 2016
Very good device to watch youtube or movies, not for downloading loads of APPS
Gean, South Africa. 19 October 2016
This product is fantastic
Neil, South Africa. 4 November 2016
Awesome product, really happy with my purchase.
Martin, South Africa. 17 August 2016
Very quick and very impressive little device. Works better than my WDTV media player.
Toufique, South Africa. 11 July 2016
Great little thing. I've had no issues with it so far. Comes pre installed with kodi 17, which is basically all you need for media. But do yourself a favour and get a wireless mouse to navigate with, the remote isn't great.
Sheldon, South Africa. 19 August 2016
Great box for media for TV etc. The remote is absolute junk. It doesn't work at all. Buy yourself a real remote.
Davin, South Africa. 28 June 2016
Have had this Android TV box for a good 3 months now and I'm very satisfied. Its extremely better than the generic mx android tv boxes tjat are sold at almost the same price. I havent had any problems with it yet. The remote is unfortunately a pain, but there are ways around the issue. I find that its fast and it does exactly what it says it can in the description. Having a bit of connection problems with kodi but other than that no problems.
Anthony, South Africa. 8 September 2016
Small, convenient and works well.
Setting KODI up was a little tricky
Blake, South Africa. 26 October 2016
Great little device. Very easy to setup
Rami, South Africa. 9 June 2016
It hangs almost every 10 mins
Erich Kieck, South Africa. 5 November 2016
I have had it for a week now. I would give it 5 stars if not for two issues:
1. Most apps are written for touch screens so very difficult to operate with the remote. I bought a wireless mouse & usb expansion port. Works like a dream.
2. Can't upgrade to latest Android. Not a big deal though. All apps work.
Overall, I am enjoying the device. Netflix, Showmax & Youtube works 100%. Plays all my movies from the external HDD as well. Even DSTV & Supersport apps works. Great device.
Dr Peter, South Africa. 20 October 2016
I have only had MyGica for almost a week now, and although I have not found it easy to set up, I do think that it has great potential. I had to swop the dreadful small and flimsy remote that came with the unit, for the correct one that is far more robust. It appeared that it had not been done before collection. A great improvement. I also had to swop the actual unit due a day ago due to a sudden wifi problem where it would not recognize my wifi. All done without any problems from the importers who were most accommodating. Now time to enjoy the unit which I do think is wonderful and meets my needs of watching BBC and iTV (UK).