Nashville Skyline - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 470
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Country Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Bob Johnston
- Nashville Skyline (Reis)
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar); Kenny Buttrey, Charles McCoy, Pete Drake, Norman Blake, Charlie Daniels, Bob Wilson, Johnny Cash.
Includes liner notes by Johnny Cash.
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar); Johnny Cash (vocals); Kenny Buttrey, Norman Blake, Pete Drake, Bob Wilson , Charles McCoy, Charlie Daniels.
It is hard to recall now how deeply unfashionable country music was in 1969-- Dylan's label, Columbia, dismayed at his apparent retrogression, begged him to remove the word NASHVILLE from the album's title. However, as usual, he proved ahead of the game; his embrace of country ushered in Gram Parsons, the Flying Burrito Brothers, and scores of subsequent artists under the Americana banner. Prescient too was his nod to Johnny Cash, with whom he duets on the gorgeous "Girl From The North Country." Buoyed by an altered, near-crooning vocal style, most of the tracks are pleasant and enduring; the chart hit "Lay Lady Lay" remains one of Dylan's most engaging songs.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Bob Dylan
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Girl from the North Country
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Nashville Skyline Rag
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] To Be Alone With You
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Threw It All Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Peggy Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Lay Lady Lay
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] One More Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Tell Me That It Isn't True
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Country Pie
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Rolling Stone (5/31/69, p.36) - "...continues Dylan's rediscovered romance with rural music....a jewel of construction....NASHVILLE SKYLINE achieves the artistically impossible: a deep, human, and interesting statement about being happy..."
- Video Disabled
- Charlie Bragg; Neil Wilburn
No reviews yet.