Nickelback - The State (CD)
Discovery Miles 760
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- The State
- Country of Origin
- Roadrunner Records
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] BREATHE
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] HOLD OUT YOUR HAND
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] LEADER OF MEN (ACOUSTIC)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] COWBOY HAT
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] LEADER OF MEN
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] OLD ENOUGH
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] WORTHY TO SAY
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] DIGGIN' THIS
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] DEEP
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] ONE LAST RUN
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] NOT LEAVIN' YET
- Release Date
- 20 March 2001
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Breathe
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Cowboy Hat
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Leader of Men
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Old Enough
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Worthy to Say
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Diggin' This
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Deep
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] One Last Run
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Not Leavin' Yet
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Hold Out Your Hand
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Leader of Men - (acoustic)
Nickelback: Chad Kroeger, Ryan Peake (vocals, guitar); Mike Kroeger (bass); Ryan Vikedal (drums).
Recorded at Greenhouse Studios, Burnaby, British Columbia.
Personnel: Ryan Peake, Chad Kroeger (vocals, guitar); Ryan Vikedal (drums).
Audio Mixer: Garth Richardson.
Recording information: Greenhouse Studios, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
Photographer: Neil Zlozower.
Those with a short cultural memory say that Canada's Nickelback is reminiscent of power-rockers Creed. To the rest of the world, this means that they're influenced by grunge stalwarts Pearl Jam, which also means they're indebted to vintage alt rock and to '70s hard rock. All these sonic touchstones are readily apparent on THE STATE. The album ostensibly revolves around "Leader of Men," which garnered the most attention on the album's initial release, and which is reprised at the end of the album in an acoustic version just to drive the point home.
Anyone drawn in by that cut will find more to like here. The opening track "Breathe" finds Nickelback charging with full force straight out of the gate over a relentless rhythm section and jackhammer guitar riffs. "Deep" slows down the pace to an undulating grind, never releasing the hard-won tension for a moment. While Nickelback may show more of Creed's unrelenting attack than Pearl Jam's eclecticism, fans of either band should feel entirely comfortable in the aural environs of THE STATE.
- Date Released
- 1999-01-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Dale Penner; Nickelback
- 38m 48s
- Dale Penner; David Ashton
No reviews yet.