Night Castle - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 850
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Progressive Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Paul ONeill; Paul O'Neill; Robert Kinkel
- Night Castle (2 CD)
Personnel: Robert Kinkel (vocals, keyboards, background vocals); Alexa Goddard, Rob Evan, Valentina Porter, Jennifer Cella, Dina Fanai (vocals, background vocals); Jay Pierce, Bryan Hicks, Tim Hockenberry, Jeff Scott Soto (vocals); Dave Wittman (guitar, drums); Chris Caffery, Trey Tosh, Paul ONeill , Al Pitrelli, Alex Skolnick, Paul O'Neill, Angus Clark (guitar); Roddy Chong (violin, strings); Anna Phoebe, Chizuko Matsusaka, Sarah Shellman, Lowell Adams, Karen Dumke, Alison Zlotow, Caitlin Moe (strings); Jay Coble, Jay Coble, Peter Evans (trumpet); Luci Butler, Luci Butler (keyboards, background vocals); Shih Yi Chiang, Derek Wieland, Jon Oliva, Derek Wieland (keyboards); John O. Reilly, John Reilly, Jason Gianni, Jeff Plate (drums); Danielle Landherr, Zak Stevens, Bart Shatto, James Anthony Austen Lewis, Tany Ling, Abby Skoff, Steve Broderick, Bart Shatto, Kristin Lewis Gorman, Ireland Wilde ONeill, Tony Gaynor, Allison Flom, Evan Shyer, Britney Christian, Scout Xavier, Danielle Landherr, Sanya Mateyas, James Lewis, Tommy Farese, Kelly Keeling, Andrew Ross, Zachary Stevens, Steve Broderick (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Dave Wittman.
Recording information: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY; Morrisound Studios, Tampa, FL; Soundtrack Studios, New York, NY; Stellar Productions Inc., New York, NY.
Translator: Doctor Clement Kuehn.
Arrangers: Paul ONeill ; Paul O'Neill; Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
NIGHT CASTLE appears just in time for the big 2009 holiday season but don't be fooled: this isn't a Christmas album, even if it's sonically indistinguishable from Trans-Siberian Orchestra's other seasonal releases, and the fact that it's been dubbed "Capra-esque" certainly brings it within the realm of the season. NIGHT CASTLE brims with all the drama, pomp, and circumstance of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's other records but channeling these traits through a newly created narrative does have the effect of hearing it in a somewhat new light, shifting the focus entirely to the band's attack, not melody. Still, there's not that much new here -- and the coda of seasonal covers, including the first sober version of "Nutrocker" ever cut, doesn't do much to break that spell. But for those already enchanted by the Orchestra, this will continue to enthrall.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Night Enchanted
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Childhood Dreams
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Sparks
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Mountain, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Night Castle
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Safest Way into Tomorrow, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Mozart and Memories
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Another Way You Can Die
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Toccata-Carpimus Noctem
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Lion's Roar, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Dreams We Conceive
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Mother and Son
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] There Was a Life
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Moonlight and Madness
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Time Floats On
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Epiphany
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Bach Lullaby
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Father, Son & Holy Ghost
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Remnants of a Lullaby
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Safest Way into Tomorrow, The (Reprise)
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Embers
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Child of the Night
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Believe
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Nutrocker
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Carmina Burana
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Tracers
- WEA (Distributor)
- 121m 30s
- Video Disabled
- Dave Wittman; Kurdt Vanderhoof; Robert Kinkel
No reviews yet.