Nightwish - Wishmaster (UK Edition) (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 650
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Progressive Metal
- Number of Items
- Wishmaster (UK Edition)
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Fontana Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ]
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] She Is My Sin
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Kinslayer, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Come Over Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Wanderlust
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Two For Tragedy
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Wishmaster
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Bare Grace Misery
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Crownless
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Deep Silent Complete
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Dead Boy's Poem
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] FantasMic
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Sleepwalker [Original Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Wanderlust [Live] - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Deep Silent Complete [Live] - (live)
- Release Date
- 1 May 2012
- South Africa
Nightwish: Tarja Turunen (vocals); Emppu Vuorinen (guitar); Tuomas Holopainen (synthesizer); Sami Vanska (bass); Jukka Nevalainen (drums, percussion)
Recorded at Caverock Studio and Finnvox Studio, Finland between Januray and March 2000.
Nightwish: Tarja Turunen (vocals); Emppu Vuorinen (guitars); Tuomas Holopainen (synthesizer); Sami V„nsk„ (bass instrument); Jukka Nevalainen (drums, percussion).
Personnel: Ville Laaksonen, Mattias Kaila (vocals, tenor); Kimmo Kallio (vocals, baritone); Anssi Honkanen, Riku Salminen (vocals, bass voice); Sam Hardwick, Ike Vil (vocals); Esa Lehtinen (flute).
Audio Mixer: Mikko Karmila.
Arrangers: Ville Laaksonen; Nightwish; Tero Kinnunen.
Oceanborn wasn't just a hit in Finland, it also opened new doors for Nightwish abroad. So naturally, the pressure to come up with a comparable sophomore album was enormous. Rarely does a band fulfill the demands of a second album successfully, and Nightwish is no exception. Even though Wishmaster is mainly targeted to radio and pop audiences, it does succeed somewhat. Even more demanding listeners will find this as enjoyable as they did Oceanborn, but Wishmaster isn't as consistent as that album was. The same patterns repeat, and every track's hook is based on a powerful intro and a simple chorus. Their charm is in their overflowing drama and, as it was on their first album, the whole concept can be described as "operatic metal." It may sound inventive and full of potential for a while, but as a whole album (and with this release it's two albums), it can be a little annoying, even frustrating. Still, a lot of listeners will enjoy it; after all, it does have its moments. ~ Antti J. Ravelin
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Nightwish; Tero Kinnunen
- Fontana Distribution
- Mikko Karmila; Tero Kinnunen
No reviews yet.