Nikon 35mm F1.8G AF-S DX Lens
List Price R 4,189
Discovery Miles 35 890
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Includes the following:
Front lens cap LC-52, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-46, Flexible lens pouch CL-0913
- Dx-format, normal single-focal-length lens with 35mm focal length (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in Fx and 35mm formats)
- Large maximum aperture of f-1.8
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- High-performance optical system with aspherical lens delivers superior reproduction capability
- Compact, well-balanced design when attached to small SLRs
- Two focus modes available - M-A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Metal mount
- Natural blur effect thanks to seven-blade rounded diaphragm
Lens Construction (Elements-Groups) 8-6 (with one hybrid aspherical lens)
Picture Angle with Nikon Dx Format 44Degrees
Minimum f-stop 22
Closest focusing distance 0.3m
Maximum reproduction ratio 0.16x
Filter Attachment Size 52mm
Lens Cap Snap-on
Lens Hood HB-46
Lens Case CL-0913
Dimensions: 7.0cm x 5.25cm (from the cameras lens mounting flange)
Weight Approx.: 200g
To fulfill the needs of digital photographers owning Nikon cameras with DX-sized sensors, Nikon produces the 35mm f/1.8 AF-S DX Lens.
This lens produces an angle of view similar to what a 50mm lens would produce on a full-frame/FX camera and thusly functions as a "normal" lens. Prior to the digital explosion, most shooters would begin their exploration into the world of photography with a "normal" lens with a large maximum aperture.
A lens of this type is the traditional standby for low-light shooting, careful composition, and street shooting. This 35mm f/1.8 Nikkor lens recreates that experience for DX format shooters who have been seeking a comparable "normal" lens.
Note! DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with FX "full-frame" digital or 35mm SLR cameras.
- Fast "Normal" Lens
- The 35mm focal length closely matches a 50mm lens in the FX format. This is perceived to be a natural lens as it provides an undistorted angle of view that is similar to what the unaided human eye perceives.
- A desirable lens for low-light, travel, environmental portraiture and overall general photography.
- Contains an Aspherical Lens Element
- The incorporation of an aspherical element minimizes coma and other lens aberrations, further improving image integrity.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- This lens coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency with reduced flare.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The motor embedded in the body of the lens enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing.
- 7-blade Diaphragm
- A rounded iris produces a more natural rendering of out-of-focus image elements.
- Close Focusing
- The 35mm f/1.8 AF-S can focus as close as one foot.
Gasant Gasant, South Africa. 16 March 2016
Wonderful little lens, using on DX camera for everyday shooting. Great under low-light conditions. Quick focus and very sharp.
Moaaz, South Africa. 17 June 2016
Great all-rounder lens for portraiture as well as landscape photography.
Neat, compact and easy to use.
Great for a first time purchase on DX cameras.
Getting those Bokeh shots are now a lot easier!
Christian, South Africa. 17 August 2016
Great small lens for the price