Nikon D3400 24.2MP DSLR Body Only
Discovery Miles 78 890
On Credit: R / month
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- EN-EL14a Rechargable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Quick Charger
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
Crystal clear and colour accurate imagery - 24.2 megapixel sensor with EXPEED 4 processor
- The Nikon D3400's 24.2 Megapixel sensor features no optical low pass filter. This means that there is no filter softening images, and the large megapixel count can capture as much detail as possible.
- The sensor data is handled by Nikon's intelligent EXPEED 4 processor. This processor features several intelligent algorithms to provide colour accurate images and to reduce image noise.
Great in low light - ISO 100-25600 and pop-up flash
- The D3400 features a wide light sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600. This gives the camera enough versatility to ensure it performs well in low or dim light shooting. A nifty built-in pop-up flash, or optional flashgun, also keeps you out of the dark, so you can keep on shooting.
Crisp Full HD video recording with face-detection and subject-tracking
- The Nikon D3400 not just excels at taking great stills, but also features Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording. Full HD and HD can be recorder at smooth frame rates up to 60 fps in wide supported MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, and all videos are recorded with stereo sound from a built in monaural microphone with sensitivity adjustment.
- Full time autofocus with face-detection and subject-tracking can be used during recording, keeping your subjects sharp and in-focus.
Easy to use - Guide Mode, intuitive controls, 3.0" LCD, smart Auto Mode
- The D3400 features a Guide Mode that shows you exactly how to adjust the camera settings so you can capture great shots. By simply following the instructions moving subjects can be frozen or blurred, and images can be edited in a variety of ways.
- The on-board auto mode incorporates several algorithms to try and figure out what your subject is to determine where it should focus, and how it should expose the picture. - This makes taking good looking pictures easy as it takes a lot of technical expertise out of photography.
- Intuitive controls and a bright 3-inch LCD display makes operating the camera easy, so you can spend less time navigating and more time shooting.
Ready for action - Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor and 5 fps continuous shooting.
- The D3400 incorporates Nikon's Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor to provide quick and accurate focus from 11 AF points with subject and face tracking. The autofocus also works in a variety of lighting conditions from -1 to plus 19 EV.
- When shooting sports or fast moving subjects it might be quite difficult to capture the right moment. For this reason the D3400 features a fast continuous shooting burst rate of 5 frames per second.
RAW file shooting - Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW)
- The Nikon D3400 can capture stills in 12-bit NEF RAW format. Raw files stores more image data and provides better image editing in photo editing software. Adjustments where RAW files accelerate includes dynamic range, noise reduction, colour balance, and white balance.
Fantastic battery life - approximately 1200 shots per charge
- The Nikon D3400 features a fantastic battery life of up to 1200 shots per charge so you can keep on shooting for longer.
Share every moment - Bluetooth connectivity
- The Nikon D3400 features built-in bluetooth connectivity so you can easily transfer stills to your phone for easy sharing. Additionally the camera can also automatically transfer 2MP images as you shoot.
- Requires the Nikon SnapBridge App on a compatible device
- In-camera special effects: Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Picture Control modes: Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Active D-Lighting shooting mode to help preserve highlight and shadow details.
- Scene Modes: Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Child, Close-up, Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, and Sports.
- In-Camera Image Editing features: Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Painting, Perspective Control, Photo Illustration, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Straighten, and Trim.
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens Mount: Nikon F bayonet mount
Collapse Image Sensor
- Picture Angle: Nikon DX format (Effective picture angle 1.5x [Approx.] conversion factor)
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels): 24.2 million
- Sensor Size: 23.5mm x 15.6mm
- Image Sensor Format: DX
- Image Sensor Type: CMOS
- Total Pixels: 24.7 million
- Dust-Reduction System: Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX-D software required)
- Dust-Off Reference Photo: Yes
- Image Area (pixels): DX-format: (L) 6,000 x 4,000, (M) 4,496 x 3,000, (S) 2,992 x 2,000
Collapse File System
- File Format Still Images: Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW), JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant with fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression, NEF (RAW) plus JPEG: Single Photograph Recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG Formats.
- Storage Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Card Slot: 1 Secure Digital (SD)
- File System: Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras).
- Viewfinder: Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage: 95 percent Horizontal, 95 percent Vertical (Approx.)
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.85x (Approx.)
- Viewfinder Eyepoint: 18mm (-1.0m)
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment: -1.7 to plus 0.5m
- Focusing Screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Reflex Mirror: Quick-return type
- Lens Aperture: Instant-return type
- Lens Compatibility at a Glance: Autofocus is available with AF-P and type E and G AF-S lenses
- Compatible Lenses: This camera supports autofocus with AF-P and type E and G AF-S lenses only. AF NIKKOR for F3AF not Supported. AI-P NIKKOR: All Functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II. Electronic rangefinder can be used if Maximum Aperture is f/5.6 or Faster. IX NIKKOR lenses cannot be used. Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function. Other AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except 3D Color Matrix Metering II. Type D PC NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and some Shooting Modes.
Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: all functions supported except autofocus.
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec.
- Fastest Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec.
- Slowest Shutter Speed: 30 sec.
- Flash Sync Speed: Up to 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release Modes: Continuous: Delayed Remote, Quick Response Remote Mode, Quiet shutter-release, Self-timer Mode, Single-frame [S] mode
- Frame Advance Rate: Up to 5 fps (manual focus, mode M or S, shutter speed 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: 5 frames per second
- Self-timer: 2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; 1 to 9 exposures, Timer duration electronically controlled
- Exposure Metering System: TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering Method: Center-weighted: Weight of 75 percent given to 8 mm circle in center of frame
Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type E and G lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
Spot: Meters 3.5 mm circle (about 2.5 percent of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Metering Range: 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20 degrees C/68 degrees F), 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20 degrees C/68 degrees F)
- Exposure Meter Coupling: CPU
- Exposure Modes: Aperture-Priority (A), Auto, Auto (flash off), Manual (M), Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P), Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- Scene Modes: Auto, Auto [Flash Off], Child, Close-up, Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, Sports, Special Effects Modes (night vision; super vivid; pop; photo illustration; toy camera effect; miniature effect; selective color; silhouette; high key; low key)
- Exposure Compensation: Approximately 5 EV in increments of 1/3 EV in P, S, A, M, Scene, and Night Vision modes
- Exposure Lock: Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- Picture Control: Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Selected Picture Control can be Modified, Standard, Vivid.
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 - 25,600
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 100
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 25,600
- High ISO Noise Reduction: Low, Normal, High, Off
- Active D-Lighting: On, Off
- Single-Point AF Mode: Yes
- Dynamic AF Mode: Number of AF points: 11 (3D-tracking)
- Auto-Area AF Mode: Yes
- Autofocus System: Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- Detection Range: -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68 degrees F/20 degrees C)
- Lens Servo: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus Lock: Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button, Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF).
- Focus Modes: Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A), Continuous-servo (AF-C), Face-Priority AF available in Live View only and D-Movie only, Full-time Servo (AF-A) available in Live View only and D-Movie only, Manual (M) with electronic rangefinder, Normal area available in Live View and D-Movie only, Predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Single-servo AF (AF-S), Wide area available in Live View and D-Movie only
- Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points: 11
- Autofocus Sensitivity: -1 to plus 19 EV (ISO 100, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F)
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- X-Sync Speed: 1/200
- Flash Control: TTL: i-TTL flash control using 420-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Flash Sync Modes: Auto, Auto with red-eye reduction, Auto slow sync, Auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, Fill-flash, Rear-curtain sync, Rear-curtain with slow sync, Red-Eye reduction, Red-Eye reduction with slow sync, Slow sync, Off
- Flash Compensation: Can be adjusted by -3 to plus 1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV in P, S, A, M, and scene modes
- Flash-ready Indicator: Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory Shoe: Yes
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS): CLS Supported
- Flash Sync Terminal: Sync Terminal Adapter AS-15 (available separately)
Collapse White Balance
- White Balance: Auto, Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent (7 types), Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
Collapse Live View
- Live View Shooting: Yes
- Live View Lens Servo: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F)
Manual focus (MF)
- Live View AF-Area Mode: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, Subject-tracking AF
- Live View Autofocus: Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)
- Live View Scene Auto Selector: Auto mode, Auto (flash off) mode
- Movie Metering: TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Movie Maximum Recording Time: 20 minutes at highest quality, 29 minutes 59 seconds at normal quality
- Movie File Format: MOV
- Movie Video Compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Movie Audio Recording Format: Linear PCM
- Movie: Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 60 fps, Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 50 fps, Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps, Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 25 fps, Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 24 fps, HD 1,280x720 / 60 fps, HD 1,280x720 / 50 fps
- Movie Audio: Built-in microphone, monaural, Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Resolution: 921,000 Dots
- Monitor Type: Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
- Monitor Angle of View: 170 -degree wide-viewing angle
- Monitor Adjustments: Brightness adjustment
- Playback Functions: Auto Image Rotation, Full-Frame and Thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar), Highlights, Histogram Display, Image Comment, Location Display, Movie Playback, Photo Information, Picture Rating, Playback Face Zoom, Playback with Zoom, Playback Zoom Cropping, and Slideshow.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Painting, Perspective Control, Photo Illustration, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Straighten and Trim.
- Interface: HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector and Hi-Speed USB; connection to built-in USB port is recommended.
- Wi-Fi Functionality: Eye-Fi Compatible
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- Recent Settings: Yes
- Supported Languages: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings: Yes
- World Time Setting: Yes
- Battery / Batteries: EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (shots per charge): 1,200 shots (CIPA)
- AC Adapter: EH-5b AC Adapter; requires EP-5A Power Connector (available separately)
- Battery Charger: MH-24 Quick Charger
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 in.
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 4.9 in., (124 mm) x 3.9 in. (98 mm) x 3.0 in. (75.5 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 14 oz. (395 g) camera body only
- Operating Environment: 0 - 40 degrees C (plus 32 - 104 degrees F), Less than 85 percent (no condensation).
The D3400 is Nikon's latest entry-level DSLR camera. The Nikon D3400 is aimed towards beginners and includes a wide array of helping features such as a Guide Mode, giving you step-by-step instructions as you shoot.
The Nikon D3400 is powered by a 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low pass filter paired with an EXPEED 4 processor to produce images and Full HD videos with stunning detail and vivid colour.
The camera also features Bluetooth connectivity so you can sync and share photos as you shoot.
No reviews yet.