Nikon D3400 24.2MP DSLR Starter Value Bundle
Includes 18-55mm AF-P DX ED II Lens
Discovery Miles 93 890
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- EN-EL14a Rechargable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Quick Charger
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AF-P DX ED ll Lens
- Shoulder bag
- Lexar 16GB SD Card
Features on Camera:
Crystal clear and colour accurate imagery - 24.2 megapixel sensor with EXPEED 4 processor
- The Nikon D3400's 24.2 Megapixel sensor features no optical low pass filter. This means that there is no filter softening images, and the large megapixel count can capture as much detail as possible.
- The sensor data is handled by Nikon's intelligent EXPEED 4 processor. This processor features several intelligent algorithms to provide colour accurate images and to reduce image noise.
Great in low light - ISO 100-25600 and pop-up flash
- The D3400 features a wide light sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600. This gives the camera enough versatility to ensure it performs well in low or dim light shooting. A nifty built-in pop-up flash, or optional flashgun, also keeps you out of the dark, so you can keep on shooting.
Crisp Full HD video recording with face-detection and subject-tracking
- The Nikon D3400 not just excels at taking great stills, but also features Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording. Full HD and HD can be recorder at smooth frame rates up to 60 fps in wide supported MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, and all videos are recorded with stereo sound from a built in monaural microphone with sensitivity adjustment.
- Full time autofocus with face-detection and subject-tracking can be used during recording, keeping your subjects sharp and in-focus.
Easy to use - Guide Mode, intuitive controls, 3.0" LCD, smart Auto Mode
- The D3400 features a Guide Mode that shows you exactly how to adjust the camera settings so you can capture great shots. By simply following the instructions moving subjects can be frozen or blurred, and images can be edited in a variety of ways.
- The on-board auto mode incorporates several algorithms to try and figure out what your subject is to determine where it should focus, and how it should expose the picture. - This makes taking good looking pictures easy as it takes a lot of technical expertise out of photography.
- Intuitive controls and a bright 3-inch LCD display makes operating the camera easy, so you can spend less time navigating and more time shooting.
Ready for action - Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor and 5 fps continuous shooting.
- The D3400 incorporates Nikon's Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor to provide quick and accurate focus from 11 AF points with subject and face tracking. The autofocus also works in a variety of lighting conditions from -1 to plus 19 EV.
- When shooting sports or fast moving subjects it might be quite difficult to capture the right moment. For this reason the D3400 features a fast continuous shooting burst rate of 5 frames per second.
RAW file shooting - Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW)
- The Nikon D3400 can capture stills in 12-bit NEF RAW format. Raw files stores more image data and provides better image editing in photo editing software. Adjustments where RAW files accelerate includes dynamic range, noise reduction, colour balance, and white balance.
Fantastic battery life - approximately 1200 shots per charge
- The Nikon D3400 features a fantastic battery life of up to 1200 shots per charge so you can keep on shooting for longer.
Share every moment - Bluetooth connectivity
- The Nikon D3400 features built-in bluetooth connectivity so you can easily transfer stills to your phone for easy sharing. Additionally the camera can also automatically transfer 2MP images as you shoot.
- Requires the Nikon SnapBridge App on a compatible device
- In-camera special effects: Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Picture Control modes: Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Active D-Lighting shooting mode to help preserve highlight and shadow details.
- Scene Modes: Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Child, Close-up, Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, and Sports.
- In-Camera Image Editing features: Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Painting, Perspective Control, Photo Illustration, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Straighten, and Trim.
The D3400 is Nikon's latest entry-level DSLR camera. The Nikon D3400 is aimed towards beginners and includes a wide array of helping features such as a Guide Mode, giving you step-by-step instructions as you shoot.
The Nikon D3400 is powered by a 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low pass filter paired with an EXPEED 4 processor to produce images and Full HD videos with stunning detail and vivid colour.
The camera also features Bluetooth connectivity so you can sync and share photos as you shoot.
Features on Nikon 18-55mm AF-P DX ED ll Lens:
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-5.6 to f/22-38
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Pulse Stepping Motor AF System
- Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Updating the staple DX-format mid-range zoom is the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G Lens from Nikon. Offering a 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range as well as a compact form factor, many shooters will find this to a be a versatile and lightweight option for their bag. It uses a variable f/3.5-5.6 aperture to keep size down and incorporates two aspherical elements to limit distortion and combat aberrations. Also, the Super Integrated Coating will combat flare and ghosting.
The AF-P system brings with it a pulse stepping motor AF system that is fast and quiet, making it ideal for stills and video alike. It even removes switches from the lens barrel, preventing accidental changes and enabling users to quickly adjust settings from the camera's menu. Additionally, a rounded 7-blade diaphragm creates smooth bokeh.
DX-format mid-range zoom offers equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm.
- Super Integrated Coating reduces the impact of flare and ghosting in your images.
- Two aspherical elements help to minimize distortions throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- A pulse stepping motor AF system enables accurate and silent focusing that works well in both stills and video shooting.
- Rounded 7-blade aperture diaphragm produces smooth out-of-focus elements.
- D3000-series cameras from the D3300 and later
- D5000-series cameras from the D5200 and later
- D7000-series cameras from the D7100 and later
- Compatible cameras may require a firmware update
No reviews yet.