Nirvana - Nirvana (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
Entertainment Weekly (11/8/02, p.107) - "...By the end, you'll be happy to have relived the band's glories..." - Rating: A
Q (12/02, p.118) - 5 out of 5 - "...These songs get into your head....Nirvana's songs were smart and literate in a way that did anything but preclude mass appeal..."
Uncut (01/03, p.136) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...The good - and surprising - news about Nirvana is how well these 15 songs stand up....There's nothing to fault here musically..."
Mojo (Publisher) (12/02, p.99) - "...Worth it for 'You Know You're Right' alone..."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Spoken Word (DVD)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] You Know You're Right - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] About a Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Been a Son
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Sliver
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Smells Like Teen Spirit
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Come as You Are
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Lithium
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] In Bloom
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Heart Shaped Box
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Pennyroyal Tea - (Single Mix, previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Rape Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Dumb
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] All Apologies - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Man Who Sold the World, The - (live)
- Pop / Rock
- South Africa
Nirvana: Kurt Cobain (vocals, guitar); Dave Grohl (vocals, drums); Krist Novoselic (bass).
Includes liner notes by David Fricke.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Kurt Cobain (vocals, guitar); Dave Grohl (vocals, drums); Pat Smear (guitar); Lori Goldston (cello); Dan Peters, Chad Channing (drums).
Audio Mixers: Jack Endino; Adam Kasper; Andy Wallace; Scott Litt; Steve Albini ; Steve Fisk.
Liner Note Author: David Fricke.
Recording information: Robert Lang Studio.
Photographers: David Redferns; Corbis Bettman; Frank Ockenfels; Frank Micelotta; Hugo Dixon; Charles Peterson .
A Nirvana best-of that includes a previously unheard song; how much more of a no-brainer could you want? Admittedly, the trio that defined grunge--not to mention its contemporaneous generation of X'ers--wasn't around long enough to work up that extensive a discography. Still, who wouldn't relish the opportunity to have some of Nirvana's greatest tracks together on one disc (yes, completists, even the rarities collection INCESTICIDE ("Sliver") and the pre-fame album BLEACH ("About A Girl") are represented. And of course, such whisper-to-a-scream classics as "Lithium," "Come As You Are" and the ubiquitous, epochal "Smells Like Teen Spirit" are here.
Things quiet down a touch on the UNPLUGGED tracks (David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World, the IN UTERO hit "All Apologies"), but the intensity doesn't lessen a single iota. "Wait," we hear you cry, "what about that chilling live rendition of Leadbelly's "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" or NEVERMIND's haunting closer (hidden track aside) "Something In The Way?" You'll just have to wait for Vol. II (Courtney, are you listening?). By the way, the "new" track "You Know You're Right" is great, if not exactly revelatory.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Nirvana (US)
- Nirvana; Scott Litt; Butch Vig
- 49m 34s
- Jack Endino; Adam Kasper; Steve Albini; Steve Fisk; Butch Vig
No reviews yet.