Nothing Like the Sun - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 790
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Nothing Like the Sun
Personnel includes: Sting (vocals, guitar, bass); Fareed Haque (guitar); Ken Helman (piano); Kenny Kirkland (keyboards); Manu Katche, Andy Newmark, Kenwood Dennard (drums); Mino Cenelu (percussion, vocoder); Dolette McDonald, Janice Pendarvis, Vesta Williams, Renee Geyer (background vocals).
Producers include: Sting, Neil Dorfsman, Bryan Loren.
Recorded at Air Studios, Montserrat. Includes liner notes by Sting.
Personnel: Sting (vocals, guitar); Rub‚n Blades, Sting International (vocals, guitar); Eric Clapton, Hiram Bullock, Mark Egan, Mark Knopfler, Andy Summers, Fareed Haque (guitar); Branford Marsalis (saxophone); Ken Helman (piano); Kenny Kirkland (keyboards); Mino Cinelu (vocoder, percussion); Kenwood Dennard, Manu Katch‚, Andy Newmark (drums); Ren‚e Geyer, Vesta Williams, Janice Pendarvis, Dollette McDonald (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: David Tickle.
Liner Note Author: Sting International.
Recording information: Air Studios, Montserrat.
Photographer: Brian Aris.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Gil Evans; Jeff Levison.
Arranger: Sting International.
Sting's double-length follow-up to his solo debut DREAMS OF THE BLUE TURTLE is very much in the same sophisticated, adult pop vein, although darker and less jazzy (notwithstanding a collaboration with Miles Davis's arranger Gil Evans on a cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing"). The songs are a generally varied lot, ranging from a tribute to victims of repression in Argentina ("They Dance Alone") to a tongue-in-cheek, sort-of-reggae tribute to famous eccentric Quentin Crisp ("An Englishman in New York"). The sort-of-funk "We'll Be Together"(originally written for a Japanese beer commercial) is the most upbeat and pop-ish thing here, and was deservedly a hit single, although Sting now disdains it.
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Lazarus Heart, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Be Still My Beating Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Englishman in New York
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] History Will Teach Us Nothing
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] They Dance Alone (Cueca Solo) - (Spanish)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Fragile
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] We'll Be Together
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Straight to My Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Rock Steady
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sister Moon
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Little Wing
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Secret Marriage, The
- Universal Distribution
- Rolling Stone - Ranked #90 in Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Albums Of The Eighties" survey. (November '89)
- 54m 45s
- Video Disabled
- Rod Michaels
No reviews yet.