O.M.D. - Sugartax (CD)
Discovery Miles 770
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Synth Pop
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Sugar Tax
- Country of Origin
- EMI Music Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Q (6/91) - 3 Stars - Good "...an unflappable album of quality songs which re-establishes OMD's credentials as masters of synthesized melancholia and dreamy pop songs.."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] SAILING ON THE SEVEN SEAS
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] PANDORA'S BOX
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] THEN YOU TURN AWAY
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] SPEED OF LIGHT
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] BIG TOWN
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] CALL MY NAME
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] APOLLO X1
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] WALKING ON AIR
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] WALK TALL
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] NEON LIGHTS
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] ALL THAT GLITTERS
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Sailing on the Seven Seas
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Pandora's Box (It's a Long Long Way)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Then You Turn Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Speed of Light
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Was It Something I Said
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Big Town
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Call My Name
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Apollo XI
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Walking on Air
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Walk Tall
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Neon Lights
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] All That Glitters
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 14 July 2008
- South Africa
Full performer name: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.
Producers: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, Howard Gray, Andy Richards.
Engineers include: Jeremy Allom, Phil Coxon, Fred De Faye.
1991's SUGAR TAX was the first new album by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark since 1986's THE PACIFIC AGE. Much had changed in the intervening five years. Most obviously, co-founder Paul Humphreys had left the band, leaving singer/keyboardist Andy McCluskey the sole constant member. Surprisingly, SUGAR TAX sounds remarkably like earlier OMD albums, leading one to wonder how important Humphrey's role in the band had actually been.
Less overtly poppy and more atmospheric than THE PACIFIC AGE or that album's predecessor CRUSH, SUGAR TAX is in many ways a return to the darker hues and sonic experiments of earlier records like DAZZLE SHIPS or ARCHITECTURE AND MORALITY. As catchy as songs such as "Then You Turn Away," or "Call My Name" are, there's not an "If You Leave" to be found here.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (O.M.D.)
- 51m 15s
No reviews yet.