Opiate - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 060
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Mono / Stereo
- Opiate [EP] [EP] [PA]
Tool: Maynard James Keenan (vocals); Adam Jones (guitar); Paul D'Amour (bass); Danny Carey (drums).
Producers: Sylvia Massy, Steve Hansgen, Tool.
Recorded at: Sound City, Van Nuys, California and live at Jello Loft, Hollywood, California on December 31, 1991.
Personnel: Maynard James Keenan (vocals); Adam Jones (guitar); Danny Carey (drums).
Audio Mixer: Sylvia Massy.
Recording information: Jello Loft, Hollywood, CA; Sound City Studios, Van Nuys, CA.
In retrospect, Opiate seems a little haphazard, but it's possible to hear the seeds of Tool's bleak, cerebral metal in such cuts as "Sweat" and "Opiate." The two live tracks, "Cold and Ugly" and "Jerk-Off," don't sound out of place, since they share Tool's characteristic undertow of gloom and doom and the EP as a whole points toward the ground the group explored in Undertow and ’nima. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Country of Origin
- Zoo/Volcano Records
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Sweat
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Hush
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Part of Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Cold and Ugly
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Jerk-Off
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Opiate
- BMG (distributor)
- Kerrang (Magazine) (p.53) - "[With] some grindingly metallic riffage and hauntingly corrosive vocal wailing..."
- 23m 34s
- Video Disabled
- Sylvia Massy
No reviews yet.