Parrot Disco FPV Drone Bundle
Includes Skycontroller 2 & Cockpit Glasses
List Price R 24,989
Discovery Miles 215 250
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Bundle Items
- Spare Propeller
- FPV Pack
- Disco Fixed-Wing Drone
- Cockpitglasses FPV Headset
- Skycontroller 2 Remote Control
- Unified FPV System
- Traditional FPV Experience
- 720p HD Streaming Video Resolution
- Up to 45 Minutes Flight Time
- Supports Popular Smartphones
- Intuitive Design
- Flight Time: Up to 45 minutes
- Maximum Speed: 50 mph / 80 km/h
Flight Control System
- CPU: Dual-core ARM 9
- Operating System: Linux with open-source SDK
- Storage: 32 GB internal flash memory
- Sensors: Vertical camera (optical flow, Ultrasound, Altimeter, Pitot Tube (speed sensor)
- Geo-location: GPS, GPS plus GLONASS
- System Requirements: iOS or Android mobile device supporting the FreeFlight 3
- Frequency: 2.4 / 5 GHz
- Range: Up to 1.2 mi / 2 km (with Skycontroller or Skycontroller 2)
- Antennas: Dual-band MIMO with two 2.4/5 GHz dipole antennas
- Field of View: 180 degrees, Note: The effective field of view for video is less than 180 degrees to accommodate the electronic image stabilization system.
- Photo Resolution: JPEG Photo: 14 MP (4096 x 3072), RAW Photo: 15 MP (3288 x 4608)
- Video Resolution: 1080p 24/25/30, 720p 24/25/30
- Image Stabilization: 3-axis electronic image stabilization
- Encoding: Photo: JPEG, DNG RAW Video: MP4
- Recording Media: 32 GB built-in flash memory
- Type: 1 x 1280kv
- Size: 8" / 20.3 cm
- Chemistry: Lithium polymer (LiPo)
- Capacity: 2700 mAh
- Construction: EPP foam and carbon tube
- Dimensions: 45.2 x 22.8 x 4.7" / 115 x 58 x 12 cm
- Weight: 1.7 lb / 750 g
- Transmission Distance: Up to 1.2 mi / 2 km
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 7.1 x 4.3" / 200 x 180 x 110 mm
- Weight: 1 lb / 450 g
- Compatibility: Screen Size: 4.7 - 5.2" / 12 - 13 cm
Get ready for a smooth fixed-wing flying experience with the Parrot Disco FPV. The FPV kit includes the FPV bundle which is comprised of the Cockpitglasses headset, which holds your smartphone for HD viewing, and the Skycontroller 2, an ergonomic extended range controller. The comfortable design of the Cockpitglasses and Skycontroller 2 let you fly for hours. Operation of the kit is intuitive, so you can be off the ground in minutes. The Disco drone's smooth wide turn radius and maximum speed of 50 mph, combined with the HD-capable FPV system offer a unified, high-quality traditional FPV solution.
Sporting a lightweight fixed-wing design, the Parrot Disco offers a very different flight experience than a multi-rotor UAS. Since it only requires one motor and one propeller, the Disco is very efficient in energy usage, yet it can still hit speeds of up to 50 mph (depending on conditions). The fixed-wing design generates lift by-design and controls altitude via ailerons, a simpler operation than varying multiple propeller speeds simultaneously.
While it doesn't require as many sensors as a multi-rotor UAS, the Disco is advanced in its own right. GPS, a high-speed vertical camera, ultrasonic sensor, and a pitot tube speed sensor provide valuable flight data and drive the Dicso's automatic functions such as auto-takeoff, waypoint navigation, and return home.
The nose of the Disco is dominated by a front-facing camera. Combined with 32GB of built-in memory, the Disco can record HD videos, and high-resolution photos. The camera can also stream straight to compatible FPV goggles for a first-person piloting experience. FPV video is streamed in 720p HD for a level of realism not achievable with after-market analog systems.
Since the Disco natively operates on Wi-Fi, it can be controlled just using your smartphone running Parrot's free FreeFlight PRO app. The app displays flight data and enables features such as waypoint navigation. Optional controllers, such as the Skycontroller and Skycontroller 2 enable longer range communication, up to 1.2 miles, and offer more precise maneuvering. Optional RC communication can be installed for pilots wanting complete manual control.
Having a fixed-wing design lets the Disco fly at high speeds, up to 50 mph, with just a single motor for extended periods of time. One fully charged 2700 mAh battery can achieve up to 45 minutes of continuous use (depending on conditions).
An anti-stall system, auto takeoff, and a soft landing mode make the Disco simple to fly, and easy to learn for first-time pilots. Assisted controls offer altitude, roll, and speed feedback for simple piloting. More advanced pilots can use standard RC controllers (requiring a separately available RF receiver) for a fully manual piloting experience.
Video and Photo Capture
Using the built-in camera, the Disco can capture MP4 HD video and high-resolution still photos in both RAW and JPEG formats. Recorded media is saved to the Disco's onboard 32GB of flash memory. While the lens has a 180 degree FOV, you can choose to crop in for a narrower FOV with less distortion.
Plan a flight path by taking out your smartphone or mobile device with the FreeFlight PRO app installed, and plot points on the screen in map or satellite view for the Disco to follow. Speed and altitude can be adjusted from point to point.
Take to the skies inside a virtual cockpit with the Parrot FPV Pack. Taking advantage of the digital connection offered by Parrot's compatible drones, streaming video from the camera to the Cockpit Glasses FPV headset in 720p HD resolution.
The Cockpit Glasses FPV headset houses your smartphone and uses its screen to display the video feed. Flight data, such as altitude, air speed, and battery life, is also displayed in addition to incoming video. Layered foam lines the interior for comfortable flying sessions, even with glasses. Phones with screens ranging from 4.7 to 5.2" are supported by the Cockpitglasses's smartphone tray.
If your phone is inside the FPV headset, you might ask: "How do you control the drone?" Also included with the bundle is Parrot's Skycontroller 2. Modeled after video game controllers, the Skycontroller 2 is intuitive to operate with its precise joysticks, amplified Wi-Fi connectivity for extended range, and smartphone/tablet holder.
No reviews yet.