Pretty in Pink - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 850
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- New Wave
- Mono / Stereo
- J. Johnson; Chris Thomas; Charles Harrowell; Jesse Johnson; John Porter; John Robie; Laurie Latham; Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark; Richard Polodor; Arthur Baker; Steve Addabbo; The Psychedelic Furs; Tom Lord-Alge; Bernard Edwards
- Pretty in Pink
Personnel: Joe Jackson (piano).
Audio Remixer: Mark Opitz.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Danny Hutton; David Anderle; Echo & the Bunnymen; INXS; Jesse Johnson; New Order ; Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark ; Suzanne Vega; The Psychedelic Furs; The Smiths; Belouis Some.
As the auteur of post-punk suburban adolescence, director John Hughes appropriately enhanced his '80s movies with relatively harmless new wave soundtracks. Where earlier films like The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles included the occasional Wang Chung or Simple Minds track, though, 1986's Pretty in Pink boasted a full lineup of "rock of the '80s" highlights. Foremost, of course, is the Psychedelic Furs' breakout remake of their 1981 college radio favorite "Pretty in Pink"; while it pales in relation to the raw and electric original, this new version still holds up even with some added horns and a general glossing over of the once hard-driving guitar and drum parts. Even better are tracks by OMD ("If You Leave"), Echo & the Bunnymen ("Bring on the Dancing Horses"), and the Smiths ("Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want"). These era-defining sides certainly help make lukewarm additions like New Order's "Shell-Shock," INXS' "Do Wot You Do," and Belouis Some's "Round, Round" easy to get through. And for more marginal new wave fare, there's Jesse Johnson's Prince-inspired "Get to Know Ya" and Danny Hutton's pop/rocker "Wouldn't It Be Good." Topped off by Suzanne Vega's respectable reworking of her hit "Left of Center," Pretty in Pink qualifies as one of the more relevant youth culture soundtracks. ~ Stephen Cook
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Original Soundtrack
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] If You Leave
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Left of Center
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Get to Know Ya
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Do Wot You Do
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Pretty in Pink
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Shellshock
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Round, Round
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Wouldn't It Be Good
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Bring on the Dancing Horses
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
- Universal Distribution
- 39m 13s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.