Public Enemy - 20th Century Masters - The Millennium (CD)
Discovery Miles 850
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- East Coast Rap
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Public Enemy
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Welcome To The Terrordome
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] 911 Is A Joke
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Bring The Noise
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Don't Believe The Hype
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Give It Up - (radio Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Shut Em Down - (album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Fight The Power - (edited Album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] By The Time I Get To Arizona - (album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Night Of The Living Baseheads
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Nighttrain - (album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Bring The Noise - (with Anthrax)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Welcome to the Terrordome
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] 911 Is a Joke
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Bring the Noise
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Don't Believe the Hype
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Give It Up - (Radio Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Shut Em Down - (Album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Fight the Power - (Edited Album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] By the Time I Get to Arizona - (Album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Night of the Living Baseheads
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Nighttrain - (Album Version)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Bring Tha Noise
- Rap / Hip Hop
- South Africa
Public Enemy: Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Keith Shocklee, Hank Shocklee, Eric "Vietnam" Sadler, Terminator X, Professor Griff.
Additional personnel includes: Anthrax, Sister Souljah.
Producers include: Hank Shocklee, Carl Ryder, Eric "Vietnam" Sadler, Anthrax, Gary G-Wiz.
Compilation producer: Dana Smart.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Photographers: Lisa Haun; David Corio.
When Public Enemy appeared in the mid-1980s they shredded the map of urban music and redesigned one so expansive, complex, forward thinking, and full of political ire that its routes will probably be valid forever. The 20th CENTURY MASTERS compilation gives an overview of P.E.'s significance via a small sampling (11 tracks) from the band's oeuvre. While such a collection can't compete with the integrity of albums like IT TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS TO HOLD US BACK and FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET (both of which are required listening), THE BEST OF brings together some of P.E.'s best studio moments.
And superb moments they are. In addition to their militant political stances (P.E. advocated the philosophies of separatist leaders like Louis Farrakhan), the group was musically revolutionary. Assisted by the Bomb Squad, the production team that gave P.E. their trademark avant-rap sound, Flava Flav's absurdist raps, Terminator X's cutting and scratching, and Chuck D.'s intense, utterly original poetic commentary resemble nothing heard before or since in popular music.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Public Enemy
- 46m 45s
No reviews yet.