QNAP TS-431 4-Bay Turbo NAS
Discovery Miles 49 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
TS-431 - 4-bay home & SOHO NAS for personal cloud with file sharing, backup, and multimedia experience
The TS-431 is a powerful yet easy-to-use network storage center for backup, synchronization, remote access, and home entertainment. With the Notes Station, you can easily create digital notes on your private cloud and share with friends and colleagues at no extra cost. Powered by an advanced ARM Cortex A9 dual-core processor, the TS-431 delivers incredible performance as a home NAS with three USB 3.0, one eSATA, and dual LAN ports. See how TS-431 can enhance your digital lifestyle.
- Dual-core processor delivers high performance
Equipped with powerful yet energy efficient Freescale ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.2GHz processor, the TS-431 is a high-performance home NAS providing incredible performance of up to 110MB/s read & 80MB/s write throughput. The TS-431's enhanced encryption and decryption performance provides transfer speeds of over 30MB/s with AES-256 bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive personal data stored in the TS-431. You can also use the TS-431 as a home multimedia hub to enjoy your photo, music and videos while downloading or backing up files without impacting the TS-431's performance. When installed with the latest 802.11ac or dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi USB adapter, the TS-431 can offer remarkably high speeds for transferring large amount of files and streaming bandwidth-consuming multimedia.
- High Efficiency with dual LAN support
The TS-431 supports multiple port-trunking modes, enabling IT administrators to set up link aggregation to increase total data transmission capability. Failover and dual IP are also supported to ensure continuous system operations. The supported port-trunking modes include: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
- QTS - Simple and efficient
Thanks to QTS intuitive user interface, system operations of the TS-431 are smooth and handy. Its intelligent desktop allows you to find desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing greater operating efficiency.
- Well-rounded backup solutions to secure data
By connecting external drives to the Turbo NAS via eSATA or USB, you can easily configure and copy shared folders on the TS-431 to external devices. The front panel USB port features a one-touch-copy function for you to instantly back up data on external drives to the TS-431 or alternatively to back up data from the TS-431 to external drives. QNAP's NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup for Windows (including Outlook email archiving) and Mac OS X users can use Time Machine to effortlessly back up data to the TS-431. A wide range of third-party backup software such as Acronis True Image and Symantec Backup Exec are also supported.
- Cross-platform file sharing, centralized data storage
The TS-431 supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX. Data, logs and ISO image of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored in the TS-431 and protected by an integrated antivirus solution.
- Manage your files via the Internet
The File Station brings conventional desktop-style file operations to web browsers, allowing you to upload, download, and manage files on your TS-431 wherever there is an internet connection. Supporting file extraction, folder creation, and smart search for files and folders, File Station also allows you to easily share files with friends & family via unique URLs. With reliable security features, SSL and password options, managing & sharing your files is simple and safe with the File Station.
- A private cloud without constraints
In contrast to the limited storage space and potential security concerns of public cloud services, the TS-431 is advantageous for establishing a secure and large-capacity private cloud. The myQNAPcloud service allows remote access to files stored on the TS-431, allowing you to play & share multimedia from the TS-431 or to conveniently check the system status from anywhere.
- Create digital notes on your private cloud
Notes Station provides a private & secure way to share and collaborate on digital notes. With just a few steps you can create notes from web pages (or by importing from the TS-431), edit notes with the intuitive web-based editor, and take screenshots for quick note-taking with Qsnap or the Notes Station Clipper extension for Chrome. You can also easily leverage the rich media contents stored on the TS-431 to enhance your notes, and access them on your mobile phones or tablet devices by using Qnotes mobile app anytime, anywhere.
With flexible privilege settings for editing & sharing notes, you can build a secure environment to work together with friends and colleagues. In addition, the Notes Station enables you to create to-do lists & calendar alerts that can be updated to your Google Calendar, helping manage your daily tasks more efficiently.
- Archive your photo memories. Share your life.
The TS-431 acts as your photo vault for you to back up your favorite photos. The Photo Station makes photo sharing simple, and you can designate your own access right controls. Simply upload your photos to the TS-431 to create & organize your photo albums through a web browser, and share with your family and friends through social networking sites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest. With the Qfile mobile app (for iOS and Android) you can also instantly upload your new photos from your mobile device to the TS-431.
- Build a private cloud-based notebook and share with friends and colleagues with the Notes Station and Qnotes mobile app
- Organize & manage files and backup tasks in one centralized location
- Synchronize files between computers, laptops, and mobile devices
- Archive, manage, enjoy and share media collections with the dedicated Photo Station, Video Station and Music Station apps
- Enjoy family videos, movies, music, and photos on your TV with DLNA and AirPlay streaming
- Transcode videos offline and enjoy smooth video streaming even when your network connection is restricted
- Create a 24/7 surveillance center for your home/small office
- CPU: Freescale ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core 1.2GHz processor with hardware encryption engine
- DRAM: 512MB
- Flash Memory: 512MB
- Hard Disk Drive: 4 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s HDD or SSD (NOTE: 1. The system is shipped without HDD. 2. For the HDD compatibility list, please visit www.qnap.com/compatibility)
- LED Indicators: Power, Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1-4
- USB/eSATA: 3 x USB 3.0 port (Front: 1, Rear: 2), 1 x eSATA port (Rear), Support USB & eSATA storage devices, USB printer, pen drive, and UPS etc.
- Buttons: Power, USB One-Touch-Copy, reset
- Alarm Buzzer: System warning
- Form Factor: Tower
- Dimensions: 177(H) x 180(W) x 235(D) mm
- Weight: Net: 3 kg; Gross: 4.3 kg
- Power Consumption (W) - HDD standby: 14.84W, In operation: +/- 33.75W
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 degree C
- Humidity: 5 to 95 percent RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27 degree C
- Power Supply: External Power Adapter, 90W, 100-240V
- Secure Design: Kensington security slot for theft prevention
- Fan: 1 x quiet cooling fan (12 cm, 12V DC)
- Certification: FCC, CE, BSMI, VCCI, C-TICK
- TS-431 device
- Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
- Flat head screw (for 3.5" HDD)
- Flat head screw (for 2.5" HDD)
- Power cord
neat, South Africa. 1 October 2016
Everything from packaging, build quality and web interface is very neat. Reflective of a great product.