Ramzy, Hossam - Master Of The Arabian Flute (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 950
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Middle Eastern
- Number of Items
- Media Type
- Master Of The Arabian Flute
- Country of Origin
- Arc Music
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Hams (Whispers) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 5:15
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] El-Fagr (Dawn) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 6:58
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Dam-A Men Oyoun Sood (Teardrop From Black Eyes) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 6:02
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Monagah (Prayer) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 5:29
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Raqs El Khayyalah (Dancing Of The Horses) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 6:54
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Farah (Happiness And Celebration) (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy ) - 6:38
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Fantasia (M. Naiem / H. Ramzy) - 6:16
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Al-Reda Wal Noor (Accepting The Light) (Mohamed El Mougy) - 6:14
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Hams (Whsipers)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] El-Fagr (Dawn)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Dam-A Men Oyoun Sood (Teardrop from Black Eyes)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Monagah (Prayer)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Raqs el Khayyalah (Dancing of the Horses)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Farah (Happiness and Celebration)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Fantasia
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Al-Reda Wal Noor (Accepting the Light)
- Traditional/world Music
- Release Date
- 19 June 2009
- South Africa
Personnel: Mohamed Naiem (nay); El Hendy, Osama (piano, keyboards); Hossam Ramzy (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Hossam Ramzy.
Liner Note Authors: Diz Heller; Mohamed Naiem; Hossam Ramzy.
Recording information: Drumzy Studios, Cairo, Egypt; Drumzy Studios, England; Shalamandy Studios, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
Photographer: Hossam Ramzy.
Mohamed Naiem, a mainstay of the Egyptian nightclub virtuoso scene, is likely best-known internationally for his work behind Hossam Ramzy on a number of albums. Here, he's accompanied by Ramzy on percussion, but he gets the chance to shine at the forefront on both the nay and the kawala. While the compositions are largely written by Naiem and Ramzy together, the tone is distinctly different from the majority of Ramzy's work. There is no driving percussion, no synths or string arrangements here. The focus is very clearly on the nay, with only minimal accompaniment. The mood is somewhat pensive, as the flutes lend themselves well to such, and the content itself ranges from devotional hymns and prayers to Allah, to almost poetic love odes. This album is one of a very few on the market to show the nay in its own right, with some stunning lines here and there, but primarily in a state of contemplation, evoking a voice (which is the ultimate goal of the player). Naiem is truly the star of this album, and he makes the most of it with his formidable abilities. ~ Adam Greenberg
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Ramzy Hossam/Mohamed Naiem
- Hossam Ramzy
- E1 Distribution (USA)
- Osama El Hendy; Hossam Ramzy
No reviews yet.