Reflections:a Retrospective - (Import CD)
Mary J. Blige
Discovery Miles 1 590
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary R&B
- Mono / Stereo
- Terry Lewis; Wyclef Jean; Dr. Dre; Avenue (Rhino); Jimmy Jam; Mark C. Rooney; Mark Morales; Young Smoke; Sedeck; John Legend; Bryan Michael Cox; Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds; Chucky Thompson; Prince Rakeem "The RZA"; Jerry Duplessis; Kendrick 'Wyldcard' Dean; Justice League; Kendu Isaacs; E. Hudson; Poke; Sean Combs
- Reflections (A Retrospective)
Personnel: Mary J. Blige (background vocals); Chucky Thompson, Bryan-Michael Cox, E. Hudson, Jimmy Jam, Babyface, Terry Lewis (various instruments); Raymond Hinton, Paul Pescoe, Mike Scott , Ron Fair, Sharief Hobley (guitar); Gloria Agostini (harp); Regina Carter, Diane Monroe, Lesa Terry (violin); Eileen Fiolsom (cello); 'Prince' Charles Alexander (flute); Vincent Henry (alto saxophone); Mark Ledford, Bruce Purse (trumpet); Daniel Hall, Keyon Harold, Adam Burton, Jarell Banks, Eric Hall (horns); Lenny Underwood (piano); Jim Wright (organ); Young Smoke, Fred McFarlane, Loren Dawson, Mark C. Rooney, Camara Kambon (keyboards); Eric Hudson, Robert 'JJ' Smith, Mike Elizondo, B. Cox, Victor Bailey (bass guitar); Kevin 'K-Dog' Johnson, Rexell Hardy (drums); Mark Morales (drum machine); Frank Colon (percussion); Alex Richburg, Avenue (Rhino) (drum programming); Tabitha Brace, Jessyca Wilson, LaTonia Hughes, Jewelynn Green, Latonya J. Blige, David Hughes , David Hurst, Terri Robinson, James "Big Jim" Wright (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Wyclef Jean (vocals); Method Man (rap vocals); John Legend (background vocals).
Mary J. Blige began her reign as the queen of hip-hop soul in 1992 with her debut, WHAT'S THE 411?, and continued it over the course of seven studio albums, along the way throwing in remixes, live recordings, and virtually non-stop appearances as a guest artist on the albums of contemporaries. THE BREAKTHOUGH (2005) was one of Blige's most accomplished and acclaimed albums, and she continued to maintain her high profile on awards shows, in videos, and on the charts. The time was ripe for a greatest-hits package, and 2006's REFLECTIONS: THE JOURNEY fits that bill.
Blige placed 16 Top Ten singles on the R&B charts, and the best-known of those--"Be Without You," "Real Love," "Be Happy"--are present on REFLECTIONS. Rather than packing all the singer's hits onto one disc, however, REFLECTIONS also includes new material (in an effort, one can assume, to appeal to long-time fans who already own her studio output). In this way the set may come as a disappointment to those awaiting a pure blast of the best from this diva, but REFLECTIONS balances the old and new beautifully. As always Blige's top-tier productions; emotive, confessional lyrics; and stirring, agile vocals astonish, making REFLECTIONS a must for the devoted and the uninitiated.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Mary J. Blige
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Reflections (I Remember)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] We Ride (I See the Future)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] You Know
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] King & Queen
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] No More Drama
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Family Affair
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Real Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] No One Will Do
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Be Without You
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I'm Going Down
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] 911
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Not Gon' Cry
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] My Life '06
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Be Happy
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need to Get By - (Razor Sharp Mix)
- Universal Distribution
- 65m 11s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.